Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 06-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Runaway of CSF

Folder with gameinfo.txt is non-existant after CS:S update

After the Counter-Strike:Source update I was unable to build maps for the game with the Hammer editor. It did not even give me the option to build for the game in the drop down boxes.
I reset game configurations and refreshed SDK content and now I have Counter-Strike:Source avalible for the 2009 engine but am unable to compile the maps correctly.

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jun 8 2010)
4 threads
materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\ <account name> \counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\ <Account name> \sourcesdk_content\cstrike\mapsrc\cs_bombasaurs.vm f
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\ <Account name> \counter-strike source\cstrike\gameinfo.txt
Patching WVT material: maps/cs_bombasaurs/de_dust/groundsand_blend_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/cs_bombasaurs/ground/blendsnow_conc_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/cs_bombasaurs/ground/blendsnow_tracks_wvt_patch
Patching WVT material: maps/cs_bombasaurs/ground/blendsnow_asphault_wvt_patch

This is wrong, and isn't even reading the map right. More importantly when I do reconfigue and refresh I then am able to use Hammer Editor for Counter-Strike: Source under the 2006 engine and when I select Counter-Strike:Source from the drop down the error I get when I select Hammer Editor is:
The configuration information for the game you are trying to edit is invalid or missing.
When I select out of the 3 options "Run Anyway" I then get this error:
gameinfo.text doesn't exist in c:\program files\steam\steamapps\ <Account name here> \sourcesdk\bin\counter-strike source\cstrike.

When I check for the the gameinfo.txt manualy I come across the problem that I know longer have the folders "\counter-strike source\cstrike."

What do I do? Valves support has said they don't do SDK or used made content. I have made many many maps before, and do have CS:S. I also had the Beta CS:S before CS:S was updated. The CS:S game gave me trouble after the update too, but that now works fine.
Thanks you for the help.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips