Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SAW

Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Chris Fifty-Two

Achievement problems.

Me and some friends have gotten Saw and played through it only to find that these achievements dont work:
Self-Defense - Kill 10 Minions
Professional - Unlock 20 locked doors.
Merciless - Stomped five Minions to Death
I Can Stop Anytime - Used 20 health syringes
Duress - Kill 20 Minions

Seems like most achievements where you have to do things more then once were not done correctly (other then the 5 locks achievement). By the time you beat the game you have definitely reached the requirements needed for the achievements.

There are several "do 5 kills with x" achievements but all of them are rewarded at first kill with that weapon and when you check the achievements for the 360 version of this game all those achievements does indeed say "first kill" rather then "5 kills". The achievement for dying three times is also awarded already at your first death.

As you can see on the stat page, http://steamcommunity.com/stats/SAW/achievements/ , most of the mentioned achievements are at 0%. The kill 10 & 20 minions achievements do have a few (very few) achievers which probably means that they are bugged but work for some people.

For us completionists who wants to get 100% in the game these bugs are quite annoying and we hope that the game can get patched.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
XScArY PeOpLeX

Angry Same problem

im experiencing the same thing i sat there and injected my guy like crazy with syringes till he was a drug addict and needed rehab but achievements didn't unlock someone finds a way to fix this speak up
Old 07-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
srredfire

Yeah they are definitely broken as far as I can tell, and I know for a fact they won't be fixed, it's such a small issue for a game that no one cares about they won't put in the time to fix it.

Shame too, as I thought the game was great.

The only way I think you'll be able to get the achievements other than just trying over and over, or finding someone who has them unlocked, is to use SAM.

http://gib.me/sam/

It's the Steam Achievement Unlocker. It's not really a great thing to do as it sort of takes the fun and what not away from achievements, and pretty much just ruins the whole idea, but if you know you did it, and I guess want the icon, there it is.

Other than that, I think we're all just SOL.
srredfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Namake

Yep, these achievements are not working, but I rather not have them, than use an achievement unlocker...

You people should know that there is a risk of getting banned on VAC, If you use such an app.

Last edited by Namake: 01-16-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Namake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
Onyx Cheetah

A few achievement hunters found out that these achievements do actually work, but the way they are gotten really isn't fun at all.

What you have to do is go through the game with no deaths and no restarting the level and you'll eventually get them. Meaning you can't even save and quit and come back later, and if you die you'll have to start over at the beginning of the game again before you can get them.

The achievements that need this requirement are:

Duress - Kill 20 Minions
I Can Stop Anytime - Used 20 Health Syringes
Lock Smith - Unlock 5 locked doors

The unlock 5 doors one some people don't notice as having this issue because they don't die or save and quit before unlocking 5 doors, but it is one with the annoying issue.

(A thread here, on the achievement hunter's forums, is the discussion that eventually lead to finding out that they do work.)

Last edited by Onyx Cheetah: 01-16-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Onyx Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
Namake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Cheetah View Post
A few achievement hunters found out that these achievements do actually work, but the way they are gotten really isn't fun at all.

What you have to do is go through the game with no deaths and no restarting the level and you'll eventually get them. Meaning you can't even save and quit and come back later, and if you die you'll have to start over at the beginning of the game again before you can get them.

The achievements that need this requirement are:

Duress - Kill 20 Minions
I Can Stop Anytime - Used 20 Health Syringes
Lock Smith - Unlock 5 locked doors

The unlock 5 doors one some people don't notice as having this issue because they don't die or save and quit before unlocking 5 doors, but it is one with the annoying issue.

(A thread here, on the achievement hunter's forums, is the discussion that eventually lead to finding out that they do work.)
Good to know that there is a legit solution for this issue.
Is a little bit annoying, but is not really hard for most of these achievements (except for the Professional).

Thank You for the info.
Namake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:22 AM   #7
Rhylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namake View Post
Good to know that there is a legit solution for this issue.
Is a little bit annoying, but is not really hard for most of these achievements (except for the Professional).

Thank You for the info.
I forgot to mention that after I discovered how to get the achievements, I told the devs, who then said "well then it's not broken, good day!"
Rhylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
-=Sgt. Fopper=-

Yes, these mentioned achievements are still broken...
-=Sgt. Fopper=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > SAW