Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pyroblazer

Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
GentleGamer

whats it like?

just wondering what the game is like to play, looking from the screenshots I can't tell if i'd like it, I really miss the old style wipeout games and was wondering if this is anything like it?

considering every genre of gaming has been done to death on the pc it always amazes me how no one makes a good wipeout clone

I do'nt really like the look of the game from the screenshots, but I know I shouldn't judge a game on that alone, hrmm just noticed theres a demo going
Old 07-02-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
trusteft

It's more like Slipstream 5000 than Wipeout. You don't only hover, but sort of fly through the levels. You have to use keyboard and mouse to control your craft. With the mouse you control the direction (where the "nose" of the craft aims/goes) and with the keyboard you control pitch, roll, speed.
The speed is good and you need good reaction skills if you want to go anywhere on anything but the easiest difficulty setting.
You can play with or without weapons in various modes.
The graphics are average but they are functional and unless you are very picky, you shouldn't have an issue with them..
You have a small array of available weapons and mines. You almost have to use them or else you don't stand much of a chance .
Good sense of speed, ok maps, ok gameplay. It's not going to be a classic, but it is not a waste of money either, especially if you like this type of games.
trusteft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
GentleGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusteft View Post
It's more like Slipstream 5000 than Wipeout. You don't only hover, but sort of fly through the levels. You have to use keyboard and mouse to control your craft. With the mouse you control the direction (where the "nose" of the craft aims/goes) and with the keyboard you control pitch, roll, speed.
The speed is good and you need good reaction skills if you want to go anywhere on anything but the easiest difficulty setting.
You can play with or without weapons in various modes.
The graphics are average but they are functional and unless you are very picky, you shouldn't have an issue with them..
You have a small array of available weapons and mines. You almost have to use them or else you don't stand much of a chance .
Good sense of speed, ok maps, ok gameplay. It's not going to be a classic, but it is not a waste of money either, especially if you like this type of games.
cheers! give it a miss this time, might get it in the future tho
GentleGamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Pyroblazer