Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
onehit420

Red face CSS UPDATE

im sorry to say it, but this new update has killed my gaming experience, i do not like tf2 and now you guys have combined tf2 with counterstrike. Counterstrike Source is the ONLY and I repeat ONLY game that i DO play, and now after playing today, i feel i may just delete it now, i have tf2, but because of how ty everything is i dont play it, and now u have forced this upon fellow COUNTERSTRIKE players. I have no problem with updates, but THIS upsate just plain out sucks, the hitboxes are , i do not like the instant replay after u die, i DO NOT like any of those tf2 additions, this is just one person telling u that now i hate to play counterstrike, the only game i have ever liked, because of this. thanks alot guys....wonder how many other people feel the same *cough probably millions cough* this ISNT tf2, and thats what makes tf2 a DIFFERENT game then counterstrike, try and leave counterstrike as COUNTERSTRIKE and tf2 as TF2!

Ok, after spending a few days with the new found CSS "ORANGE BOX ENGINE" It offically sucks! and here are my reasons and EVERY friend on my friends list.

1.I am an admin on the n00bunlimited community, we were the first to come out with a roleplay server (the first and ONLY) and now its gone due to this update. MANY MANY MANY months were spent in developing this server and now its gone to a FORCED update that nobody agreed upon, thx alot.

2.I lag EVERY time i see somebody.

3. My FPS dropped from what it used to be 156 on average down to a mear 35!!!!! and it sucks so damn bad i cant even get kills because my FPS is so low

4. 66 tic sucks! our servers were 100tic and now since this update, even if i update my rates, i will always be stuck at 100tic no matter what!

5.physics suck

6. tf2 menu sucks

7. We had created a "Jukebox" system for our servers so our players could listen to music, and now, we can open the panel, but the music will not play.

8. Half the time somebody talks in game, you CANNOT see who is talking! and since im an admin, and if somebody says something that is not tolerated, how am i suposed to know who said it?

9. My mic wont register in game

10. Some players are invisible to me now so ill be running around looking for somebody and outa NOWHERE an invisible gun and person that i cannot see from 2 feet in front of me kills me, like wtf is that?

there are many many more things i can say how this update sucks, these are just the main problems i have, and since i am an admin, this update has screwed us. Orange Box engine suckssss! we want the old one back!!!!

Last edited by onehit420: 07-06-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
someguyfromhell

I feel that CSS is way better now. It got me playing again after 4 years. Everyone hates change unless it includes free BJs
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
onehit420

No man, I don't hate change dude. I haven't had a problem with any other updates they have come out with for counterstrike. But this one takes the cake, i have been playing counterstrike source since 2005. I love counterstrike, but i do not like tf2, totally DIFFERENT game, and now they are trying to make counterstrike into tf2 and i hate tf2. like i said, after 5 years of playing counterstrike, i have finally lost interest in this game due to this update
Old 07-01-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Th4t_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehit420 View Post
im sorry to say it, but this new update has killed my gaming experience, i do not like tf2 and now you guys have combined tf2 with counterstrike. Counterstrike Source is the ONLY and I repeat ONLY game that i DO play, and now after playing today, i feel i may just delete it now, i have tf2, but because of how ty everything is i dont play it, and now u have forced this upon fellow COUNTERSTRIKE players. I have no problem with updates, but THIS upsate just plain out sucks, the hitboxes are , i do not like the instant replay after u die, i DO NOT like any of those tf2 additions, this is just one person telling u that now i hate to play counterstrike, the only game i have ever liked, because of this. thanks alot guys....wonder how many other people feel the same *cough probably millions cough* this ISNT tf2, and thats what makes tf2 a DIFFERENT game then counterstrike, try and leave counterstrike as COUNTERSTRIKE and tf2 as TF2!
Man, if I had a penny for everytime one of these posts comes along I'd have £2.63

I give this a 5/10 btw, I like the variation on capslock in each sentence.
Th4t_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Alexc26

This is nothing like Team Fortress 2, and the couple of similarities can be disabled anyway.
Alexc26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
notbubbak

How is it like TF2?
notbubbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #7
RoqueDemon

Everything you just complained about can be disabled (except the hitboxes ).
Enjoy your newfound wisdom.
RoqueDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #8
cortez09

you know whats on tf2 and it was added toc s its pretty much in every fps?

oh wait its your only game...
cortez09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #9
JohnHershy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th4t_guy View Post
Man, if I had a penny for everytime one of these posts comes along I'd have £2.63

I give this a 5/10 btw, I like the variation on capslock in each sentence.
LOL rant rater here, I love it.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
Gungrave90

Seeing all of these people defending the changes make me laugh.
Have any of you guys seen the latest activity? There are over 4,500 servers, including pass worded ones, vac and un-vac, even full and empty.
And there are only about 1,000 servers that have like 1-8 players in it.

Seriously, stop defending the changes when the majority of the players dislike them.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:16 AM   #11
bloocheese565

I like the update :/
bloocheese565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:20 AM   #12
notbubbak

I like how he still hasn't responded on how this update makes CS:S like TF2.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #13
Trollfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoqueDemon View Post
Everything you just complained about can be disabled (except the hitboxes ).
Enjoy your newfound wisdom.
Oh your just a moron arn't ya? You can't diable other players that are achievementhunting can ya??

Enjoy YOUR newfound wisdom idiot.
Trollfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #14
notbubbak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollfan View Post
Oh your just a moron arn't ya? You can't diable other players that are achievementhunting can ya??

Enjoy YOUR newfound wisdom idiot.
Not every player is achievement hunting. And achievements mean NOTHING. Plus, some achievements are good, like disarming bombs and rescuing hostages (a rarity nowadays).
Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #15
Trollfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by notbubbak View Post
Not every player is achievement hunting. And achievements mean NOTHING. Plus, some achievements are good, like disarming bombs and rescuing hostages (a rarity nowadays).
are you serious? means nothing? Wehn people run around trying to get the achievements and sucking at doing so. That can bring down a whole round because they act like idiots. I'd say rescueing hostages and disarming bombs were more reliable before now they try to defuse within one second of the bomb exploding and so on which they often fail to do and the bomb explodes.
Trollfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source