Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box

Old 07-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
PinkyFloyd

Thumbs down Burnout paradise application has stopped working

Given the number of people on this forum where the game is crashing during the loading screen, it's pretty obvious that an update is badly needed.

I too have this issue and changing compatibility mode or running as admin makes no difference.

If Steam and EA continue to sell games as technology changes then they have a responsibility to keep the games updated and ensure they work on newer hardware and operating systems.

Yes, I know the majority can play the game ok but it's clear that the number who can't is far too high.

I will be contacting Steam support but I would urge the rest of you with issues to do the same so that Valve can put pressure on EA to fix the problem.

Windows 7 64 bit and an unhappy customer.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
PinkyFloyd

Issue now fixed (no thanks to Steam support)

On first loading the game it would crash 100% of the time. I have a playstation eye attached to my PC using the CL-eye driver from http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/

It looks like Burnout Paradise just will not play with this driver installed in a pc. I think there must be LOTS of users out there with this issue who have no idea how to fix it.

I uninstalled the driver and the game plays great.

Unfortunately, I kinda need my camera too :/

I got the fix from here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...1.page#6225279
Old 07-14-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
theggman00

I don't have any camera attached on my pc, and the game is still crash. My os is Win XP 32bit SP3. I use 10.4 ATI driver so far.
The game really sucks. Why should I buy a game and spend much time on how to make it work. It really makes no sense.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
Hurrican90

do u maybe have a tv-tuner card in your pc? mine is also registered as a webcam in even if it is not a webcam ;D
Old 07-30-2010, 02:32 AM   #5
theggman00

No, I don't have TV card, either.
Still have no idea why it doesn't work.

Oh, but I have a sound card, might it be a problem?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
lbartley

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyFloyd View Post
Issue now fixed (no thanks to Steam support)

On first loading the game it would crash 100% of the time. I have a playstation eye attached to my PC using the CL-eye driver from http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/

It looks like Burnout Paradise just will not play with this driver installed in a pc. I think there must be LOTS of users out there with this issue who have no idea how to fix it.

I uninstalled the driver and the game plays great.

Unfortunately, I kinda need my camera too :/

I got the fix from here:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...1.page#6225279
I've been fighting with this issue on and off for months. I assumed it was a sound issue, as the game crashed right about the time the audio should have kicked in. I never would have considered the camera driver, but that did the trick.

I'm up and running great now. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
fraxyl

Man, that is so stupid. Perhaps the author of the drivers can do something about it?

You can't just disable the drivers either, they have to be uninstalled, as I recently discovered.

Been having this problem for ages and this has shed a huge light on the situation, thanks a lot!
fraxyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
wheelman64

Does your computer have Shader Model 3? Its required to play the game.
wheelman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:52 PM   #9
Snipe3000

Yeah I have the same problem. I get the error when the game tries to load. This sucks.
Snipe3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
Falkelord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB6OtQcSNQI

This worked for me. Shame that steam and EA couldn't figure it out, but this fellow seemed to get it right on the nose.

best of luck to everyone! this game is pretty sweet.
Falkelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
forrestparkay

I, too, have this problem, but I don't have any camera drivers. Are there any other known incompatibilities? I know the game won't run if bandicam is running, but I can't think of anything else causing the issue. I even reinstalled with no luck.

EDIT: XSplit was causing the issue, even though I don't have a webcam or anything like that.

Last edited by forrestparkay: 09-16-2012 at 01:43 PM.
forrestparkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box