Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Pirates!

Old 07-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
Mephiston

Currently unavailable in your region

Not that i'm expecting to get a straightforward answer, but i don't suppose anyone knows why Pirates! is unavailable in Australia over steam?

It seems like it was excluded from our steam store completely at random, and im curious as to why, since i'd probably wind up purchasing it, if it was available.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
hitmanrowdy

Last I heard, the local distributor of Pirates!, and several other games has exclusive rights to distribute in Australia. Which is silly as I've looked in all my local computer stores and cant find it anymore. Maybe steam should have another chat with 2k
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
lordofterror

its not available for india too damn
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #4
Stevarian

I've sent them several emails over the past year asking for an explanation (or a correction) of this issue with no luck

Such a shame too as it's only $2.50 on the yank store atm.
Stevarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
lmdemasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevarian View Post
I've sent them several emails over the past year asking for an explanation (or a correction) of this issue with no luck

Such a shame too as it's only $2.50 on the yank store atm.
On a lot of threads I've seen people who are unable to get certain games in their region talking about getting someone who can purchase it to gift it to them. I don't have first hand experience that this works, but I get the impression that it does. So if you have any steam friends in a region where Pirates is available (Canada/US at least), you could try asking one of them to gift it to you and send them some money via paypal or something.
lmdemasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #6
juggalopimp11

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/forums...856643#2856643

Use this guide to buy from other regions stores. Bit of a pain in the , but better then the pain in the behind you will have from paying the rediculous "australia tax" most publishers seem to be adding.

Or in your case getting games not available in our region due to stupid licensing issues (or lazyness)

Enjoy
Old 02-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
Stealth107

I'd love to buy this as well, the 1987 version is so awesome, but its just a little bit dated :P
Stealth107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
Camerooni

For some reason it now appears that Sid Meier's Pirates is now available to buy in Steam for Australians - $9.99 usd (Still no Railroads yet though)
Camerooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
Stevarian

Yeah, just noticed this - well done 2K, well done - now seriously, just add Sid Meier's Railroad to the list of games we can buy and a lot of us will be mighty happy!
Stevarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sid Meier's Pirates!