Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
2007CA
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 372
Posts: 1,074
I keep on getting Deathclaws in Megaton

Yeah so past a certain point in the game, every few times I enter Megaton, there's been a Deathclaw killing things there. It's getting irritating and I can't find any information about it on the web or anything. Also, where is that dude who preaches for the enclave, he's gone missing too. Could be in his house that always seems to be locked I guess. Thanks for your information.
2007CA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Ankh
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Reputation: 240
Posts: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007CA View Post
Yeah so past a certain point in the game, every few times I enter Megaton, there's been a Deathclaw killing things there. It's getting irritating and I can't find any information about it on the web or anything. Also, where is that dude who preaches for the enclave, he's gone missing too. Could be in his house that always seems to be locked I guess. Thanks for your information.
First, what's your luck stat? it governs random encounters so a low luck stat will get you random deathclaws early on in the game.
If you want to just kill it before it murders everyone, but can't with your current arsenal, just open up the console, click on it and type "kill". That should deal with it fairly quickly.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
2007CA
 
Join Date: May 2010
Reputation: 372
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
First, what's your luck stat? it governs random encounters so a low luck stat will get you random deathclaws early on in the game.
If you want to just kill it before it murders everyone, but can't with your current arsenal, just open up the console, click on it and type "kill". That should deal with it fairly quickly.
This isn't early in the game, my luck stat is pretty decent, I'm usually able to kill it. It just bothers me and I was just wondering if it was tied to some event so I could actually do something about it.
2007CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Jito463
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Reputation: 213
Posts: 2,261
Do you have any mods, that increase mob encounters? I can't remember any case of encountering enemies inside of Megaton, through all of my playthroughs. Regarding Nathan (the Enclave apologist):

Spoiler:
When you get abducted by the Enclave, you should have found Nathan in one of the holding rooms.


That's the only reason I can think of, for Nathan's disappearance.
Jito463 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Manmade3
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 17
Posts: 131
The reason for this is unfortunately, a random encounter spawn is located in Megaton, though it has a low chance of triggering a random event due to the fact it was probably supposed to be removed, it can happen, it has happened to me, once it is triggered once it will occur more often. It is an large annoyance and cannot be removed by any means i know of.
Manmade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
masta121
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Reputation: 702
Posts: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmade3 View Post
The reason for this is unfortunately, a random encounter spawn is located in Megaton, though it has a low chance of triggering a random event due to the fact it was probably supposed to be removed, it can happen, it has happened to me, once it is triggered once it will occur more often. It is an large annoyance and cannot be removed by any means i know of.
Eh, the wasteland is a dangerous place, it isn't that far fetched.
masta121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
snapjak
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 1430
Posts: 4,311
It's worth noting that most repeating random encounters that involve enemy npcs will have them respawn where they died every 72 game hours.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallou...earances#Notes 2nd note down. One way to potentially deal with this if it's becoming to much of a hassle/burdon is to kill the deathclaw, toggle the console and target it (so it shows "Death Claw (########)" and then type disable. This will turn off that specific npc so it shouldn't respawn. I don't recall off hand if this works 100% or not, but it seems to at least cure it for a while.
snapjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
Stoop!d Monkey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 143
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007CA View Post
Yeah so past a certain point in the game, every few times I enter Megaton, there's been a Deathclaw killing things there. It's getting irritating and I can't find any information about it on the web or anything. Also, where is that dude who preaches for the enclave, he's gone missing too. Could be in his house that always seems to be locked I guess. Thanks for your information.
Thr dude who preaches for the enclave is in the raven rock 2 - this is where you need to go now.
Stoop!d Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
Teraku
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 121
Posts: 2,150
Raven Rock 2? What's that? Don't you mean the enclave base

Spoiler:
where you meet president eden?


Or is it that base in Broken Steel?
Teraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
Jito463
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Reputation: 213
Posts: 2,261
Raven Rock (not sure where the "2" came from) is the Enclave base.
Jito463 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
Manmade3
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 17
Posts: 131
He ment "2" to mean "to" i think. as in, "He is in raven rock in addition to megaton."
Manmade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
Teraku
 
Banned
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 121
Posts: 2,150
Oh, I didn't see him there, even though I searched all the rooms in hopes of finding a bobblehead...

Spoiler:
And I found one, too!
Teraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
tyce
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Reputation: 4
Posts: 85
i wasnt very fortunate. as soon as i got out of the vault, a fricken deathclaw was outside. i was glad that brotherhood of steel outcasts or whatever was there but could not even deal with it even with their flamer and minigun. thank god for glitches, i got on a high rock and started firing.
tyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.