Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3

Old 07-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
2007CA

I keep on getting Deathclaws in Megaton

Yeah so past a certain point in the game, every few times I enter Megaton, there's been a Deathclaw killing things there. It's getting irritating and I can't find any information about it on the web or anything. Also, where is that dude who preaches for the enclave, he's gone missing too. Could be in his house that always seems to be locked I guess. Thanks for your information.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Ankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007CA View Post
Yeah so past a certain point in the game, every few times I enter Megaton, there's been a Deathclaw killing things there. It's getting irritating and I can't find any information about it on the web or anything. Also, where is that dude who preaches for the enclave, he's gone missing too. Could be in his house that always seems to be locked I guess. Thanks for your information.
First, what's your luck stat? it governs random encounters so a low luck stat will get you random deathclaws early on in the game.
If you want to just kill it before it murders everyone, but can't with your current arsenal, just open up the console, click on it and type "kill". That should deal with it fairly quickly.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
2007CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankh View Post
First, what's your luck stat? it governs random encounters so a low luck stat will get you random deathclaws early on in the game.
If you want to just kill it before it murders everyone, but can't with your current arsenal, just open up the console, click on it and type "kill". That should deal with it fairly quickly.
This isn't early in the game, my luck stat is pretty decent, I'm usually able to kill it. It just bothers me and I was just wondering if it was tied to some event so I could actually do something about it.
2007CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Jito463

Do you have any mods, that increase mob encounters? I can't remember any case of encountering enemies inside of Megaton, through all of my playthroughs. Regarding Nathan (the Enclave apologist):

Spoiler:
When you get abducted by the Enclave, you should have found Nathan in one of the holding rooms.

That's the only reason I can think of, for Nathan's disappearance.
Jito463 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Manmade3

The reason for this is unfortunately, a random encounter spawn is located in Megaton, though it has a low chance of triggering a random event due to the fact it was probably supposed to be removed, it can happen, it has happened to me, once it is triggered once it will occur more often. It is an large annoyance and cannot be removed by any means i know of.
Manmade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
masta121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmade3 View Post
The reason for this is unfortunately, a random encounter spawn is located in Megaton, though it has a low chance of triggering a random event due to the fact it was probably supposed to be removed, it can happen, it has happened to me, once it is triggered once it will occur more often. It is an large annoyance and cannot be removed by any means i know of.
Eh, the wasteland is a dangerous place, it isn't that far fetched.
masta121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
snapjak

It's worth noting that most repeating random encounters that involve enemy npcs will have them respawn where they died every 72 game hours.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallou...earances#Notes 2nd note down. One way to potentially deal with this if it's becoming to much of a hassle/burdon is to kill the deathclaw, toggle the console and target it (so it shows "Death Claw (########)" and then type disable. This will turn off that specific npc so it shouldn't respawn. I don't recall off hand if this works 100% or not, but it seems to at least cure it for a while.
snapjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
Stoop!d Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007CA View Post
Thr dude who preaches for the enclave is in the raven rock 2 - this is where you need to go now.
Stoop!d Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #9
Teraku

Banned
Raven Rock 2? What's that? Don't you mean the enclave base

Spoiler:
where you meet president eden?

Or is it that base in Broken Steel?
Teraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #10
Jito463

Raven Rock (not sure where the "2" came from) is the Enclave base.
Jito463 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #11
Manmade3

He ment "2" to mean "to" i think. as in, "He is in raven rock in addition to megaton."
Manmade3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
Teraku

Banned
Oh, I didn't see him there, even though I searched all the rooms in hopes of finding a bobblehead...

Spoiler:
And I found one, too!
Teraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
tyce

i wasnt very fortunate. as soon as i got out of the vault, a fricken deathclaw was outside. i was glad that brotherhood of steel outcasts or whatever was there but could not even deal with it even with their flamer and minigun. thank god for glitches, i got on a high rock and started firing.
tyce is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fallout series > Fallout 3