Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
HaySeus

Red face Modern Warfare 2 Error "Couldn't load image '____'"

I bought a retail copy of MW2 a few days ago, installed it and ran it and it crashed and reported and error, the error stated that MW2 could not load an image by the name of 'cobra_clr'. I opened the game again and no such error occurred, so I thought nothing of it. I should state that this error is only happening with the multiplayer game, I can't be bothered to sit through the intro movie for the singleplayer game

I played it again the following morning with no problems until my new graphics card was delivered, I then shut down my PC and installed the card. Upon opening MW2 and attempting to join a game, MW2 displayed the same error message.

I've been trying to fix this for hours on end, I've checked forums, read the common problem posts on the valve and infinity ward forums, no luck with either, I've checked site's claiming to have Call of Duty fixes and tried their suggestions.

So far in trying to get this to work I've tried verifying the game cache, defragmenting the files, moving files such as 'call of duty modern warfare 2 content.ncf', 'iw_00.iwd' and 'default.bik' and reverifying, I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled via the disc, then tried verifying and defragmenting again, multiple times.

I can't download and install the game through steam as I only get 12g a month and MW2 is almost 12g already.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I just bought this game and have been able to play it twice.

EDIT: I should also say that the name of the image being loaded changes

Old 07-06-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
HaySeus

bump

This is really jarateing me off, both the game not working and the lack of support I'm receiving, does anyone have an ideas about where I could take this if no one can help me here?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Fr4gM4t!c*

get better internet so you can dl from steam, dont be so cheap.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
HaySeus

I'm 17, I've tried to get my parents to switch from bigpond, but they refuse. It shouldn't be up to me to download it when I've already bought the retail copy. I am really disappointed with this.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
Fr4gM4t!c*

support ticket then.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
HaySeus

How exactly do I do that?

Do you mean on steam or the Activision website?
Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
Fr4gM4t!c*

steam, you dl from them.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #8
HaySeus

where is the option to open a support ticket?
Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #9
Brusilov

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaySeus View Post
where is the option to open a support ticket?
Here is the start web page: https://support.steampowered.com/

Just follow the links from there.

The Steam login is not your Steam ID or the name that you use in-game. You will need to create a Steam Support Account.

Edited: Can you play other games on your PC without a problem?
What are the specs of the PC (Operating System, CPU, Memory, Graphics Card and Sound Card)?
If you are using Vista or 7 what have you done with UAC and where did you install Steam to?

Last edited by Brusilov: 07-06-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Brusilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
HaySeus

Windows XP SP3
AMD Phenom II X4 965
2G of DDR3 RAM
Asus HD 5850
C-Media CM18768+ sound card

I can run Crysis, GTA 4, and everything else I own, so it shouldn't be a problem running the game hardware wise.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare