Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > LEGO Harry Potter

Old 07-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
tom.cage

Unable to access Slytherin common room, bug?

I'm so close to completing this game, but I'm unable to obtain a red brick, a gold brick, and two characters which I believe are all inside Slytherin common room (I understand that there is also another character to gain after collecting all gold bricks). I can't get past the Slytherin area with the entrance to the common room, just down the stairs from the corridor with entrances to all 4 common rooms. At some point I seem to have opened the door (presumably with a Slytherin character) and I am now faced with an "invisible wall" which I am unable to cross, with any character including Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Snape, Dumbledore. I've tried casting spells on everything in that room over and over, with no luck. I think it's a bug. Anyone else in the same situation?

Old 07-06-2010, 06:09 AM   #2
BarrelRoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom.cage View Post
I'm so close to completing this game, but I'm unable to obtain a red brick, a gold brick, and two characters which I believe are all inside Slytherin common room (I understand that there is also another character to gain after collecting all gold bricks). I can't get past the Slytherin area with the entrance to the common room, just down the stairs from the corridor with entrances to all 4 common rooms. At some point I seem to have opened the door (presumably with a Slytherin character) and I am now faced with an "invisible wall" which I am unable to cross, with any character including Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, Snape, Dumbledore. I've tried casting spells on everything in that room over and over, with no luck. I think it's a bug. Anyone else in the same situation?
The way I remember opening the Slytherin common room the first time was getting Harry to talk to the snake that comes out of the wall next to the common room and it will drop some piece which you build in to a snake next to the door. Not sure if that's what you need to do
Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 AM   #3
tom.cage

I've built the snake, and can access the area with two staircases down each side of the room, and the grates on the floor where more snakes appear from in story mode. I am unable to get any further than this room.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
Executor

You need to stand in front of the middle door on the bottom floor of that room with a Slytherin character and wave at it. Then it will open and you can enter the common room.
Executor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
gluth

The same here: door to slytherin common room are open, but there is a invisible wall on the way. I cannot reach 100% because of few bonuses from this room.
gluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
Caironater

I've gotten this too :/

Has ANYONE found a way to get around this?

Last edited by Caironater: 01-27-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Caironater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Jothki

Can you get in other common rooms? I had a bug in the Wii version where the Slytherin door was stuck open and the other doors wouldn't open, and I eventually just gave up and restarted.

I think it might have been caused by using Snape to open up the door. Probably best to stick to students just in case.
Jothki is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > LEGO Harry Potter