Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Project Aftermath

Old 01-24-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
Haganegiri

Hotkey woes

I'm not the best Real-time gamer, despite playing a lot of Dawn of War, Warcraft 3, and many more RTS games I'm still not that good.

I'm loving Project Aftermath a lot, but something was bothering me. then I realized, the only thing that really bugs me about Project Aftermath is the lack of hotkeys for things that are needed on the fly.

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be a hotkey for switching weapons or activating abilities.

It would be really nice if this could somehow get implemented. Weapon switching is integral to maximizing efficiency in this game and getting gold.

Anyone else agree?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
LeeHickey

Games Faction
Hi there,

We have been meaning to put in weapon-switching hotkeys for some time. I'll see if we can get it in for the next update.

The field effects do have hotkeys however. F1-F8 give you instant access to your heroes field effects.
LeeHickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
{Yotsuba}

We have been meaning to put in weapon-switching hotkeys for some time. I'll see if we can get it in for the next update.

That would be nice.
{Yotsuba} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
LeeHickey

Games Faction
The latest version now has hotkeys for changing weapons.

You need to press Space+[1-4] to toggle your squads weapon. Let us now how you get on with this - it seems to work pretty well here.

Last edited by LeeHickey: 03-16-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:17 AM   #5
turkeyfiles

Talking

Is there a chance you can add more mouse functions? Some people are hot-keyers and others are mouse people. I'm one of the mouse people. I'd be nice to see a feature where you can select all heroes via the mouse and lock it so the heros won't be unselected when performing basic tasks. Not a big fan of keyboard and RTS.

Loving the game so far!
turkeyfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:45 AM   #6
LeeHickey

Games Faction
We really don't have any function space left on the mouse as the whole camera system is designed around the mouse buttons.

You only really need the ctrl key held to 'paint select' multiple heroes. Does that not work for you?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:49 AM   #7
turkeyfiles

Talking

It works good. I am just a mouse person when it comes to RTS and RPGs.

Just if there was some kind of little lock you could click to keep the heroes always selected that would be really nice -- like a small little lock icon and it will keep that selection always until you click unlock -- using the mouse (ex: like a lock tab function in a browser). Then if there was a select all icon or some way to simply drag the mouse around all the heroes to select them that'd be useful.

Would that be feasible?

Understood if it's too much work. It's easy for me to dish out ideas, you're doing all the hard-work.

Thank you.
turkeyfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #8
LeeHickey

Games Faction
It may be feasible. I need to make an update to PA soon anyway so I'll add it to the list and might get something in. I haven't touched the code in a few months now; I hope it still works
Old 07-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
SpectralShade

I was surprised I couldn't drag a square on the screen while holding down the left mousebutton to select the heroes in it, tbh.

Annoyed me like hell since I was taking such an option for granted these days :P
SpectralShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #10
LeeHickey

Games Faction
Yeah, I regret not doing that sort of control interface now - we were trying to do something a little different. Not every experiment works out

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Project Aftermath