Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 07-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
seferina

recently bought games takes me to the store to buy the game instead of launching

ok so i bought 3 games in the steam summer sale( Red faction Guerilla, Killing floor, Day of Deafeat:Sorce)and when i logged into steam today the game say there pre-load complete and when i click them it redirects me to the store game page and wont let me play why is this happening? i don't want to buy the games again.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Seramana

I have the same thing, here's the ticket I submitted, anyone else getting this?

"Hello,

During the sales I either bought or was gifted various games such as Borderlands, Cryostasis, Second Sight and Scourge Project but these games have either disappeared from my games list or the INSTALL button has been replaced with a PURCHASE button. They don't appear on my community page either BUT they do appear in my history and I have my mail receipts for them all. All these games were available to play and install just a few hours ago but now they're just magically gone. An urgent reply would be much appreciated as this is just weird and irritating.

Regards"
Seramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
seferina

what is happening? i just logged out and in again now some of my are gone
Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Shark01

I am also having problems. However, not all my games, not even all my games I bought during the sales this past week, are messing up.

Here are the games I have downloaded and installed that I am having this problem (when attempting to launch it takes you to store to purchase the game instead of launching) and some info specific to each title:

Peggle Nights - I have played this game over 3 hours since buying it, and earlier today it was listed normally in my games list, but at some point in the late afternoon the listing changed from "Peggle Nights" to "Peggle Nights Demo". It will launch the demo menu and prompt me to purchase the game.

Puzzle Kingdoms - This one I also know was working into the afternoon as I played it for about half an hour today, but now when I try to launch it takes me to the store page to purchase.

The Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition - I got this when I pre-ordered the second game, Le Chuck's Revenge. I had not tried to run it until now, and this game is also giving me the problem of taking me to the store page to purchase the game.

So, this seems to of happened sometime after 2 or 3pm CST for me. I just wanted to play a puzzle game for a little while.

I did buy a couple more games this past week on sale and they are working fine. They are Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and the complete Tales of Monkey Island collection of games, and all of those seem to work just fine (I also purchased both of those at the same time, separate from the other games that are giving me problems). In addition, all other games I currently have downloaded and installed appear to be working correctly.
Shark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
TopDogJW

I am experiencing the same problems with Killing Floor and the THQ Pack I got over the perils sale...

All previously bought games are unaffected so far.
TopDogJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
seferina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
I am also having problems. However, not all my games, not even all my games I bought during the sales this past week, are messing up.

Here are the games I have downloaded and installed that I am having this problem (when attempting to launch it takes you to store to purchase the game instead of launching) and some info specific to each title:

Peggle Nights - I have played this game over 3 hours since buying it, and earlier today it was listed normally in my games list, but at some point in the late afternoon the listing changed from "Peggle Nights" to "Peggle Nights Demo". It will launch the demo menu and prompt me to purchase the game.

Puzzle Kingdoms - This one I also know was working into the afternoon as I played it for about half an hour today, but now when I try to launch it takes me to the store page to purchase.

The Secret Of Monkey Island Special Edition - I got this when I pre-ordered the second game, Le Chuck's Revenge. I had not tried to run it until now, and this game is also giving me the problem of taking me to the store page to purchase the game.

So, this seems to of happened sometime after 2 or 3pm CST for me. I just wanted to play a puzzle game for a little while.

I did buy a couple more games this past week on sale and they are working fine. They are Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and the complete Tales of Monkey Island collection of games, and all of those seem to work just fine (I also purchased both of those at the same time, separate from the other games that are giving me problems). In addition, all other games I currently have downloaded and installed appear to be working correctly.
same here with the 3 games i purchased yesterday but the ones i bought in the beggining of the sale are working fine ( Left 4 Dead 2, Gothic 3,Titan Quest gold and Thief are all working fine
Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
seferina

oh man whats happening, now there back but still in the pre-load complete status and wont let me launch the game
Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
panxcake

Yup, I'm having the same problem with some of my games D:

It's doing this to all the games I bought on the last day of the sale.
panxcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
Xccoortri

Ok my just cause 2 disappeared, but seeing that everyone else is having the problem means it's not just me and probably a server issue or something.

We will have to wait for them to fix it I guess. Everyone send in a ticket if you have this issue.
Xccoortri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
panxcake

Boo, I wanted to play AaAaAA!!!

Edit: Go in offline mode to play your games
(Hook a brother up with some rep -caugh caugh-)

Last edited by panxcake: 07-06-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Xccoortri

Quote:
Originally Posted by panxcake View Post

Wow you are my hero. almost 2 hours of messing around and I didn't bother to try that. Thanks!
Xccoortri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
mr_briteside86

I'm having the same problem with the introversion pack I bought over the weekend. Just sent a ticket in now. kind of a relief to know that it's probably the servers.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #13
seferina

Quote:
Originally Posted by panxcake View Post

the 3 games i bought disappeared again so i cant play
Old 07-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #14
seferina

wow when im in offline mode all my games appeared and i can play them
thanks panxcake i want to play them online but this will do for now
Old 07-06-2010, 06:58 PM   #15
panxcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by seferina View Post
wow when im in offline mode all my games appeared and i can play them
thanks panxcake i want to play them online but this will do for now
No problem, here's hoping to they fix it soon.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips