Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands

Old 07-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
Mistermojo

DLC won't load, neither will Steam ingame.

Had this annoying problem since I got the game, when I try to play the Moxxi DLC the game just gets stuck on the loading screen and never actually takes me to the Underdome. The game doesn't freeze or anything, it just gets stuck in a loop. (I'll check the other DLC areas in a sec)

If I minimise a window appears for a split second but it closes before I read anything on it (it's something to do with activating the DLC but my friend said he hasn't had to activate his DLCs or anything so I dunno). If I try to get back into the game I can't, the game stops responding.

Also, Steam in-game won't work, I'm classed as ingame to my friends but the in-game interface is absent. Same goes for Xfire.

The only thing I have changed is setting Borderlands.exe to run in XP compatibility mode, this is to eliminate the numerous crashes I get (general protection fault).

Any ideas?

EDIT: Ok, removing compatibility mode gives me Steam ingame, but the game crashes constantly (General Protection Fault) already tried Validating files, updating graphics drivers, updating DirectX, updating PhysX. Not too bothered, all I want to do is get the DLC working

Last edited by Mistermojo: 07-07-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
bseo927

Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game files?
bseo927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
Mistermojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermojo View Post
already tried Validating files

Also, I think I have finally figured out the DLC, I can use ctrl-alt-del to get to the window without it closing. Now all I need to do is fix the constant crashing
Mistermojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Borderlands