Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Secret of Monkey Island series

Old 07-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Icekimi

No mouse cursor

Hi. I found a gamebreaking and very annoying bug. I'm at the 3rd chapter when Le Chuck captures Guybrush and he's hangging above the deadly pit. I let him die to get the achievement, but after the brief talk with Elaine and when we return to the same scene i have no mouse cursor so i can't play anymore. I could load a previous game but its several hours behind my current position...

Anyone had the same problem? Any ideas?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
skullzyer

Too bad you haven't saved at that point like me. My instinct told me something will go wrong and I should save. So I did, let Brush die and when he reappeared there I had no control over it... Luckily, I just loaded my game.

I don't know how to solve the problem sorry. Maybe try saving at that point, exiting the game and load it again.
skullzyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Icekimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullzyer View Post
Too bad you haven't saved at that point like me. My instinct told me something will go wrong and I should save. So I did, let Brush die and when he reappeared there I had no control over it... Luckily, I just loaded my game.

I don't know how to solve the problem sorry. Maybe try saving at that point, exiting the game and load it again.
I had to go back and replay half a chapter... it was anoying. Anyway, i already finished the game, loved it.
Icekimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
tric565

this has just happend to me too very annoyed. i should be at 75% done but have to go back to 20%.
tric565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #5
DocSnyd3r

Same thing happened to me, very annoying.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
mikelward

Me too.

Interestingly, when it happened, I could press ESC to go to the menu or F1 to change to classic mode, but other keys like I to open my inventory did not work.

An email to LucasArts said they don't support Windows 7, but I think it was a template response that they sent without thinking.

Replayed from my previous save game.

Will know to save a lot more often.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
kingnat

I have the same problem in MI1SE in the cannibal's hut with the banana picker. Very annoying as my previous save is back in Chapter 1. Oh well.
kingnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
sea-

I just had the same problem.

I spent six hours on this game and now I'm stuck unless I replay the whole thing.

Going to get in contact with LucasArts and demand that they address the issue.

EDIT: E-mail sent. I encourage anyone else affected by this problem to contact them with similar sentiments.

Quote:
I have run into a game-breaking bug in Monkey Island 2 Special Edition. When Guybrush dies during the torture sequence during Act III, the mouse cursor permanently disappears from the game and the only way to regain it is to either load an earlier savegame or to start a new game. Furthermore, this problem is tied to an in-game achievement (Five Minutes Later), which means that it is something that it is not an obscure or random issue.

I spent six hours playing this game only to find that the game is now stuck and I have to replay the entire thing again. I am not the only person with this issue, and it has been reported by multiple people on the Steam forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1350583

The fact that LucasArts support dismissed their claims by claiming the game is not supported under Windows 7 or by dual-core processors is sloppy and inexcusable, and is an obvious attempt to simply avoid solving the problem in the first place. From a company like LucasArts, I expect better.

Put simply, if you are going to sell games which are unable to run on current hardware (as you claim for Monkey Island 2 SE), then you should be willing to offer full refunds to all customers who are left with broken products (which, as far as I can tell, is every single PC player), or provide an update for the game to fix this problem.

I will not be satisfied with a simple "we don't support X hardware configurations" message or similar brushing-off. You have sold your users a product with a game-breaking flaw, and this is intolerable. If no attempt to correct this problem or make good on it is presented, then I will refuse to purchase any and all LucasArts products henceforth.

Last edited by sea-: 09-17-2010 at 08:41 PM.
sea- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
sea-

I received an e-mail from LucasArts customer support robots saying that the game was not tested on Windows 7 and thus cannot be supported that way.

I told them that this was absurd, pathetic and incompetent, and that if they could not support their products, then I would not support them. I encourage everyone here to avoid purchasing all LucasArts products altogether - they do not give a about you, or their developers for that matter, and they have no right to ask for your money when they are content selling broken products.
sea- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
Cletus

I think I just ran into something similar. In the original game SOTIM:SE at about 18% I suddenly lost the mouse cursor - in fact I still have a cursor, but it's the regular Windows cursor not the game one. L-click and R-click don't do anything, I can't open the verb menu or inventory etc. Accessing the main menu works, as well as saving... but when I reload the game I still have no cursor.

Grrr.

What was the contact info for Lucas again? They can't tell me they don't support Windows 7 since I'm running the game on XP.

Or maybe they don't support that either...
Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #11
Cletus

Genius! I received a reply from LucasArts telling me to "turn off all other applications" while playing the game.

Really? Other applications cause the cursor to disappear?

I wasn't brain-dead the last time I checked, yet somehow they assume I am.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #12
pSKY

I have the exact same problem and I have Windows XP.

arg
pSKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
knightsg

Same thing happened to me in MI2SE on XBOX360 after the acid pit achievement. I tried reloading, exiting the game and reloading, but neither worked.

I have a save back in chapter 2 so it's not a complete clusterf**k, but it's still a big PITA.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #14
GabrielB

I just had the same problem and I didn't have any other save files...

After a lot of time searching, I managed to find these save files (in case someone else is in the same situation):
http://www.4shared.com/file/p3so33m4/MI2SEsaves.html

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Secret of Monkey Island series