Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > The Second Encounter

Old 07-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #16
evil_Vasile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initium View Post
The problem is that a lot of people will play and finish the campaign during this free weekend and never buy the game. IMO, Croteam will loose a lot of sales.
Not necesarily, those people probably wouldn't have bought it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naity View Post
Not necessary. The game have a high replay value.
Indeed it does. I have more gameplay hours on TFE HD than on MW2. About 300 of em I think, and 100 on TSE. Haven't really had as much time for TSE due to exams / Starcraft 2 comming out :P
evil_Vasile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #17
jokkir

Do I have to redownload the free access then? I have it already but the versus only one
Old 07-09-2010, 07:46 AM   #18
alenl

Croteam
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokkir View Post
Do I have to redownload the free access then? I have it already but the versus only one
If everything goes as we expect, there will be no need to redownload. It would just automagically unlock (maybe it will need Steam restart). But I cannot know for sure, as we cannot operate these parameters without Valve.
alenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #19
Initium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naity View Post
Not necessary. The game have a high replay value. If someone like the first walkthough (and finish it, nothing like that is sure), he'll want to replay it in a higher difficulty level - or try to score fore the leaderboard - or lose his nerves on survival - or play deathmatch - or play any of the coops - or meet friends - or hunt achievments.

The life lasting of the game is really high for someone who love old school FPS. I'm barely sure that if someone finish the game though free week end and like it, he'll buy it because it's quite addictive
True. If the game sells well during the free weekend, I'll be glad for Croteam.
Initium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #20
webcider

Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenl View Post
If everything goes as we expect, there will be no need to redownload. It would just automagically unlock (maybe it will need Steam restart). But I cannot know for sure, as we cannot operate these parameters without Valve.
Croteam this is great i wouldn't had expected this, however i must say it is a unfortunate way Croteam were kind of forced to do it.
because of the misunderstanding. Anyways i just want to show my appreciation i hope many of the players who will play co-op with me tonight will buy the game if they like it.

Its a great game
webcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #21
Furn-le-gamer

I bought it NOW cuz of the discount or otherly i would have bought later. I will probably buy it again but for friends(ty for the discount)
Old 07-09-2010, 07:56 AM   #22
YoungScripter

You can NOW play Single Player and Survival mode in the free weekend!
YoungScripter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #23
alenl

Croteam
Update: all game modes are now enabled in the "Free Weekend" mode. Enjoy!
alenl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:58 AM   #24
MasterBlaster

UK here... Just checked and mine is now unlocked.

Thanks a lot.Time for some fun !!!
MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #25
RED-FROG

It seems like I will have to re-download it then.

I instantly deleted the game in a rage after I played a DM session because co-op was not possible, which even CRASHED after 7mins gameplay.
Might be because of eyefinity. Or Maybe not. On Top of that it didn't even look good (everything was bloomed and blurried), but that's another story.
RED-FROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #26
Hakultair

A very noble move from Croteam, one that shouldn't go unnoticed. I wish there were more developers that would show this much appreciation and respect towards their possible future customers and their fanbase. I myself will be purchasing the game just for that reason, I'm impressed by Croteam's gesture here. Keep up the good work and let's hope other developers will take an example of you.

Thanks Croteam.
- Hakultair
Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #27
RED-FROG

They have announced a free weekend and thus we should be getting one.
There is no need for such crawl.

I would respect them if their prices and newest products wouldn't be a total rip off (not only price wise)
RED-FROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #28
DPW

Very classy response by the developers. And I do think having all modes available for trial will only help sales. For me, game replay value is all about Multiplayer. As someone said earlier, it's not as if you stop playing L4D after playing through the campaigns once!
DPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #29
Hakultair

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-FROG View Post
They have announced a free weekend and thus we should be getting one.
I agree that it should be like that yes. But you'd be surprised to see how many developers don't rectify mistakes that way. Next to that it wasn't even their mistake but a mistake by an external party.

Over the past month I've encountered two similar mistakes like this on steam, and neither were resolved in a way anywhere near as classy as Croteam did. Heck, it took the parties involved in those mistakes over a week to even come up with "we apologize".

I give credit where credit is due, and I honestly respect the way Croteam has handled this situation.

Last edited by Hakultair: 07-09-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #30
Xcessive6

Thank you Croteam!
Xcessive6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Serious Sam series > The Second Encounter