Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rig n Roll

Old 07-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Thrasymachus42

Absolute garbage

This sim had zero testing. A truck passes you doing over 80 and the cops chase you doing 70. There is no manual coupling, the controls are atrocious, collision detection and physics are a joke.

I am feeling so ripped off right now, why can't Steam get some real sim support? There are a plethora of awesome street-based sims out there and we get 3 on Steam...
Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
elixenie

What exactly out there is awesome?

I sprang for American Long Haul during the holiday sale and am pretty fond of it, if only for the mesmerizing long drives and nice atmosphere, but I didn't care for the endless, nitpicking police harassment nor all the roped off roads. I'd enjoy something with a bit more freedom, but the straight-up driving sims all seem either to rope off the side roads or just not get the vibe right.

Sure, there's Railworks, but I'm afraid if I jump down that hole it will never end.
elixenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
Sa-Matra

This game is bad in every possible way BUT for some reason it enjoyable too. Buy only if you bored with mainstream games, if like trucks and if you have 25$ you wouldn't mind to lost.
Sa-Matra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
Ardbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa-Matra View Post
This game is bad in every possible way BUT for some reason it enjoyable too. Buy only if you bored with mainstream games, if like trucks and if you have 25$ you wouldn't mind to lost.
I agree, I decided to stick with it despite all the heartaches, and Im actually enjoying myself a lot more than I expected after the first few disastrous hours, there are some annoyances still, the physics in particular.
Ardbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
DoubleD

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixenie View Post
What exactly out there is awesome?

I sprang for American Long Haul during the holiday sale and am pretty fond of it,

I agree I enjoy that game as well as 18 Wheels of Steel: Extreme Trucker

http://store.steampowered.com/app/33730/

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose..
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #6
nedcoleman

Absolute garbage !!!! I bought it - but why?! We need a real big patch or else give my money back please
nedcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
SinanDira

I can tell that the graphics of this game are prehistoric from the screenshots in its store page. Enlarging them will only make the situation worse.
SinanDira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #8
nedcoleman

this is a pre alpha version

maybe...

ejcgsehcmseirhcstlhcsm,chkjlc bugs asiucgashINUFzuzfbuFBTFBTZ
Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
Ardbug

Ned the general consensus seem to be that the higher the graphics the more bugs, so if you are crashing or its stuttering then set the number of cars to minimum and lower the details, then turn it up slowly till it starts to crumble again

The game is suffering from the Russian disease, its like Vampire:BTM and Stalker, they had so many bugs it drove gamers completely insane, but today those games are stellar classics easily beating the competetion, all they needed was polish and fixing, Im hoping RnR is the same way, and that in a few months it will be as awesome as the other Russian mega games.

Last edited by Ardbug: 07-12-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Ardbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
nedcoleman

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardbug View Post
Ned the general consensus seem to be that the higher the graphics the more bugs, so if you are crashing or its stuttering then set the number of cars to minimum and lower the details, then turn it up slowly till it starts to crumble again

The game is suffering from the Russian disease, its like Vampire:BTM and Stalker, they had so many bugs it drove gamers completely insane, but today those games are stellar classics easily beating the competetion, all they needed was polish and fixing, Im hoping RnR is the same way, and that in a few months it will be as awesome as the other Russian mega games.
I've got HD5970 and there is not any problem with gfx. The control of a game is sick. With G25 - it's a nightmare. Lots of glitches and every car on the road are "jumping". The steering?! Steering?! What? The A.I ! What ? WHAT? and.. the police WHAT?
want to play with this (game)something but at the moment I.A.M.S.A.D.!

?!pay for nothing?!

tonns of bugs

Hey Guys, please!!!
TRY IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #11
Blackopunit2

i bought this cause i loved the hard truck games that came before it. The game does have a lot of bugs but i know how to avoid them. I would love to play it but i need my better ram otherwise it takes 3 years to load and stutters like mad. But nonetheless the game is good for what it is. Im happy i got it for $20 and i dont regret my purchase. (non steam) On the official forums there was announced a patch is being made so im hoping there will be fixes. This game was in development for at least 5 years to my knowledge.
Blackopunit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #12
Kruztee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa-Matra View Post
I've got to say that I agree with this. I'm having a lot of fun with it despite the sometimes glitchy physics and crazy AI. Getting booked by the police after a beetle rams me from the side while merging from an on ramp was the first ticket I got. Apparently I was to blame!

But the story mode is kind of cool, and the racing (from what I have seen of it) isn't as crazy and flat out as I thought it would be (that's good for me, I was looking for more of a driving/economic sim).

I'd say give it a go if you like the 18WoS series. In my opinion it is at least as good as those games, but definatley needs more work to be as good as it should be.
Kruztee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
elixenie

What is the control like in this game? I forgot to mention my biggest problem with American Long Haul, which is the steering.

Can't use a mouse, and even the smallest taps of the keyboard jerk the wheel more than you would ever do with a real automobile. Just moving along a barely curving road means constantly switching between going straight and turning too quickly.

tl;dr can you steer with a mouse?
elixenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
Trashcantoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedcoleman View Post
this is a pre alpha version

maybe...

ejcgsehcmseirhcstlhcsm,chkjlc bugs asiucgashINUFzuzfbuFBTFBTZ
Big Rigs was pre-alpha

this is, by looking at what the ppl say about it, just alpha.

im pretty shocked actually since the ppl over at Steam test all the games (at least they claim that here: http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/FAQ.php) before putting them in the shop (unless you are dealing with a new release but this game was released 16th of april).

Last edited by Trashcantoy: 07-13-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Trashcantoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #15
galatei

Garbage! Yes, fully agree. No more crap from 1CSoft for me anymore. It took them 7 years to develop this rubbish. Either it's a one guy company or they're all some programming newbies. They delivered only 20% of what's promised, 20%! I was annoyed with scssoft sims, but THIS, is even beyond them.
galatei is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rig n Roll