Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 07-14-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Lt.ProSnipe

dead NPC ragdolls dont disappear and Long loading times

Ok.. ive got Gmod recently.. and i started playing it... First problem is that the loading times take way to much time... like 4-5 Minutes sometimes... its painfully long, But on my friend computer it is done in less then a minute.
Second, when i kill an NPC hes ragdoll is not disappearing, i cant even remove it or pose it... not even pick it up.
But on my friend computer (yet again) Hes dead NPC ragdolls disappear after a few seconds... it makes my game fps drops alot, and i cant do anything to delete them.. (I cant use the tool or anything else)
Thanks for everyone that help, sorry if the questions are a bit obvious im new to Gmod..

Last edited by Lt.ProSnipe: 07-14-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Lt.ProSnipe

bumped for help
Lt.ProSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
Karlicious

The loading times can be slowed down by the amount of addons you have installed and most likely your hardware.

As for the NPC getting killed, it doesn't become a ragdoll, it's a corpse that's rendered on the client - untick Keep Corpses in the NPC tab to make them disappear. Spawn a ragdoll through the spawn menu, then you can do stuff to it.

Arrest me if I've stated something wrong
Karlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
Lt.ProSnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlicious View Post
The loading times can be slowed down by the amount of addons you have installed and most likely your hardware.

As for the NPC getting killed, it doesn't become a ragdoll, it's a corpse that's rendered on the client - untick Keep Corpses in the NPC tab to make them disappear. Spawn a ragdoll through the spawn menu, then you can do stuff to it.

Arrest me if I've stated something wrong
actully i dont want to pose them.. i dont want to see them.. they make my FPS drop when there is to many Or if a a granade is thrown in a big pile of dead NPC's
Anyway to change it?
Lt.ProSnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Snaggle

If you tick "Keep Corpse" you can then just remove it with the remover tool after. Or, just don't spawn NPCs.

Last edited by Snaggle: 07-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
Zekiran

I can attest to the long load times if you have a lot of stuff.

The basic Gmod construct map?

11 minutes.

I can generally go make lunch and start eating in the time it takes to load a map. I have a BOATLOAD of addons. It's the price you pay...
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
ghore557

i have both problems.....it takes like 15 mins. for me to load!garry needs a fix to make it load faster....
ghore557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
Zekiran

Yeah I'd love for that to happen. I mean, at that rate I don't even think I should TRY getting on a public server, lol! I think it really needs some kind of overhaul to organize what loads and when. You know, like if it's a save game file it'd have to load whatever's in it, but if it's a fresh map, just load the freaking map! If I click on something, THEN load it!
Zekiran is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod