Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
mattm16a4

Banned
Medal of honor beta.....

I went into the medal of honor beta expecting it to be horrible like everyone said it would be....but i actually liked it! I have no problem with anytthing but the sound, the guns sound to weak and i miss the talking from bfbc2!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
noodlesoup

U even bumped into many of the major bugs yet? Its already been out for a month and they havnt even patched it yet, even moreso, they've apparently said that they'll probably just release a big patch just before release, just like BC2.

And we all know about some of the bugs still present in BC2 dont we...

It may be a good game, but if it turns out like BC2, its going to suffer from, quite simply, unreasonable deadlines and poor management.
noodlesoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
JustGam3r

Banned
I think its terrible. Gameplay feels weird, and there is so many campers with M21.
JustGam3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
-=DevilDog=-

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
U even bumped into many of the major bugs yet? Its already been out for a month and they havnt even patched it yet, even moreso, they've apparently said that they'll probably just release a big patch just before release, just like BC2.

And we all know about some of the bugs still present in BC2 dont we...

It may be a good game, but if it turns out like BC2, its going to suffer from, quite simply, unreasonable deadlines and poor management.
BC2 has very minor things going on. Nothing that I couldn;t live with if they weren't patched TBH, although it would be nice if they did.

MoH OTOH has entire portions of the game missing. The game in it's current state would be classified as an Aplha eventhough they are calling it a Beta, and think they are gonna be abkle to sell it. If they make the mistake of marketing that game as is with only minor tweaks it will result in the end of DICE.

I wouldn;t doubt if somebody with a bunch of disposable income didn't end up suing them over it just on principle and they'd win too, because this game is not even close to being ready for public consumption. Some portions that are there need complete rewrites of the code, and a completely new grpahical Team. The UI looks like it weas done as a Summer School project froma high school droput trying to get back in the game.

It is bad...really bad. I cannot beleive that DICE would actually unload something like this on the PC community. At 1st I was trying not to bash on it, but after finding out that people calling for them to work on it a bit longer and release it in a finished state has fallen on deaf ears, I've startyed to crank up the volume, and the tone a little.

This is not the kind of stuff professionals should be paid for. Please don't. By funding mistakes like this you put us one step closer to becoming the console crowd. PC users deserve better and for the 60 price that goes double. For 60 USD a game needsa ascore of 98 or batter on the net, and it needs to be a GOTY title. In this state this title could only muster the biggest failure award, and with the likes iof MW2 that have infected the PC world that is awful to say, but it's the truth.
-=DevilDog=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
mudflaps

Banned
CAMPERS WITH GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN A FPS NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG LIKE WHEN DID THAT START>>><<<MM<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
mudflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Kalabalana

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudflaps View Post
CAMPERS WITH GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN A FPS NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG LIKE WHEN DID THAT START>>><<<MM<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Well this game seems to encourage it, more so then other games.
MOH isn't that fun imo.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
omegaomni

Banned
Good Sir you were not playing beta, you were playing the gold version.
omegaomni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
mudflaps

Banned
lol all games that invole shooting have boxes and corners to hide in or behind, its frustrating i gave up looking for them in cs 1.3 as a result i suck now and the camper PWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont think i will buy it, they havnt done a stella job with the gameplay in bc2 but anyways

campers exist play f1 2010 and hopefully that will solve your cmper problem
mudflaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
DrunkPunk

its not even the bugs that are the issue with the game, it's the game itself... it's horribly designed. might have been a good shooter 5 years ago, but these days it's more of the same garbage, only less refined. if yer having fun, then right on, more power to ya. i just don't see it , AT ALL.
DrunkPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
Ec]-[oMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkPunk View Post
its not even the bugs that are the issue with the game, it's the game itself... it's horribly designed. might have been a good shooter 5 years ago, but these days it's more of the same garbage, only less refined. if yer having fun, then right on, more power to ya. i just don't see it , AT ALL.
Pretty much maybe if it came before cod4:mw and stole the lime light with kill streaks and garbage everyone would be gizzin all over the place, not so today. Over time the "bar" has been raised, yet this one try to incorp 2 bars already set yet it seems gameplay wise it lacks any real intense shooter feel. Hell even though I don't like MW2 that much this MOH doesn't even touch it, and that's sad.

I'd really love to see stat figures from EA and Activision, namely garbage games as this one is, to my standards, then maybe we can really see why it's even being published and sold as a product. Although the proof is already here, they know the info and people will buy this garbage and they will turn a profit, hence it's developement and already at release stage.

Actually they are just banking on people buying it for the single player, as with any MOH titles, the multiplayer which we've been given the pleasure of testing is just an added bonus. Yet I don't buy solely FPS games for their single player as I've already done that since Wolfenstein 3D, it's rather stale.

Last edited by Ec]-[oMaN: 07-16-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Ec]-[oMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
justachap

the good thing I like about the game is I can run it. BBC2 just freezes
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #12
Red River G.

Banned
I'm normally not too critical of games, but I uninstalled this after playing 20 minutes of the Beta.

It really isn't very good. It combines MW2 and BC2, while lacking the redeeming qualities of both.
Red River G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
vinniem

its not horrible, but feels too much like MW2. The game has no personal style. As said above, it lacks the qualities from both BC2 and MW2.

It could be fun, but with the growing popularity of BC2 and the upcoming Black ops from treyarch (with deds) I seriously doubt anyone will waste time on this uninspired game.
vinniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #14
Gerty

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm16a4 View Post
I went into the medal of honor beta expecting it to be horrible like everyone said it would be....but i actually liked it! I have no problem with anytthing but the sound, the guns sound to weak and i miss the talking from bfbc2!
Go back to MW2 you nub.
Gerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #15
refried

completely unremarkable game
refried is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series