Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 07-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
abcman300

counter strike and garry's mod

hey, i have Garry's mod downloaded and i play it lots, but counterstrike models and so on wont work (even though it is downloaded. my friend played on my computer and got it on here without paying because he already bought it on his computer) i was wondering if since it is only not INSTALLED if i could some how get install it without paying, (cant really spare the money right now) if you can help me out with my problem please tell me because i liked this game but cant play it.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
alf717

No you have to pay for your own garry's mod. If he used his account to download it then it is not playable on your account because you did not purchase the product yet.
alf717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM   #3
hisham.albeik

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf717 View Post
No you have to pay for your own garry's mod. If he used his account to download it then it is not playable on your account because you did not purchase the product yet.
He owns garry's mod, but not counter-strike. He wants to know if he can use counter-strike elements (models) in garry's mod, even though he doesn't own it, while the files are in there.
hisham.albeik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #4
alf717

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisham.albeik View Post
He owns garry's mod, but not counter-strike. He wants to know if he can use counter-strike elements (models) in garry's mod, even though he doesn't own it, while the files are in there.
Ah I see I see. Sorry for the mix up OP. I'm guessing the same rules would apply then if he doesn't own CS:S then he needs to purchase it.
alf717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Undead

CS:S is pretty cheap, but I'm not exactly sure how Garry's Mod works, but maybe you can download custom models that you can input into your Garry's Mod that match CS:S models.
Undead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
d10sfan

Youll need to buy CSS to use its models, more than likely. Any upload of CSS' files gets removed from gmod.org fairly quickly, as it is illegal to do that.
d10sfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
abcman300

oh ok. that kinda sucks.... >.> whatever i will probably buy it than. i counted up all the "useless" change around my room and turns out i have $37.45, whatever i have left after buying MS points for xbox will go towards it than. THANKS FOR TELLING ME! just sucks i have to buy it.....
Old 07-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
abcman300

unless anybody wants to gift it to me..... lol

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source