Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blacklight: Tango Down

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 02:05 AM   #1
redlabour

MP Shooter could be better

Hi,

i have never seen a bad Game like this in the last Years.

The Graphics are backwards, the MP Servers are allways empty and the Music and Graphics at Gamemenu are causing me a real Headache after moving through the menu.

WTF?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
qedqed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlabour View Post
Hi,

The Graphics are backwards, the MP Servers are allways empty and the Music and Graphics at Gamemenu are causing me a real Headache after moving through the menu.

WTF?
What he said.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 AM   #3
Daggettz

Well I'm of the it's no way the worst mp shooter ever camp. In fact I'll gladly wave a flag stating as such.

Seriously guys, if this is what you call the worst ever I'd really question your own sanity at this point. BLTD does have its flaws and setbacks but worst mp ever? Categorically nowhere near.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
Zone_Dymo

Daggettz tbh I think these are young gamers who just do not have much experience.

All that guys says makes no sense whatsoever, the menu's giving oyu headaches? I would seriously consult a docter or at least an optician.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:25 AM   #5
Spykirby

how can the multiplayer servers be empty ^^ there ain't any dedicated servers. People must host the games themselves and when they are hosting a game I guess they in those games themselves

Anyway I agree the game is bad ^^ even though the gameplay is fine, the whole process you need to go through to get LIVE installed, making an account, etc... and accually finding a match makes it horrible. Togheter with the wierd mouse sensivity for aiming down the sight and the lack of textchat, it's just not worth it.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
Daggettz

The mouse sensitivity issue is easily fixed, and the game is instantly more playable once it is. Aiming down the site is in turn also improved.

As for the lack of text chat, I thought I'd miss it at first but now after playing a few days I realise it just lets everyone concentrate on and prepare gear for the next upcoming match. Better than the norm which would be loads of text spam or someone giving me for pulling off 3 headshots on them in a row or whatever the hell they want to moan about etc etc. I don't miss its absence one bit tbh.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 AM   #7
qedqed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggettz View Post
The mouse sensitivity issue is easily fixed, and the game is instantly more playable once it is. Aiming down the site is in turn also improved.
How can i fix it? Since THEY need to fix it i dont care how easy it is... it's not fixed therefore the game is unplayable for me.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #8
qedqed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone_Dymo View Post
Daggettz tbh I think these are young gamers who just do not have much experience.

All that guys says makes no sense whatsoever, the menu's giving oyu headaches? I would seriously consult a docter or at least an optician.
The problem is exactly the other way. There are gamers with way too much experienct to accept an awful implemented game like this.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #9
chEmicalbuRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlabour View Post
Hi,

WTF?
turn off the music?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
Spattercat

After trying nearly every free fps I could find, I feel BL:TD is the best I've played, even at $15.00. Happy with my purchase, and finding games every day. Not a real good player, but having a blast.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 AM   #11
chEmicalbuRn

it is an original and creative topic title tho.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #12
LoveMyBed

The main problem with the game is that it doesn't allow people to join games in progress.

So when you get the 'search succeeded' screen, it means its found a game, but its waiting for the game to finish before you can join, even if theres space.

Most people don't know this, and it gives the impression that there aren't many people playing even if they are a lot.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #13
Jahkillian

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daggettz View Post
Well I'm of the it's no way the worst mp shooter ever camp. In fact I'll gladly wave a flag stating as such.

Seriously guys, if this is what you call the worst ever I'd really question your own sanity at this point. BLTD does have its flaws and setbacks but worst mp ever? Categorically nowhere near.
Name a FPS shooter which is worse, that was released in the last 3 years and why its worse. And it can't be a free game.

Other then that, you're working on selling this game, or just a lie. There is no way anybody could play COD4, BF2, TF2, CSS, FEAR COMBAT, ETC and say this game is worth 15 bucks. Or even good.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
Jahkillian

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spattercat View Post
After trying nearly every free fps I could find, I feel BL:TD is the best I've played, even at $15.00. Happy with my purchase, and finding games every day. Not a real good player, but having a blast.
You think this game is better then FEAR COMBAT or Combat Arms, both free games.

And why compare it to free games? Its not a free a game. Its 15 bucks.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #15
Nitronumber9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahkillian View Post
Name a FPS shooter which is worse, that was released in the last 3 years and why its worse. And it can't be a free game.

Other then that, you're working on selling this game, or just a lie. There is no way anybody could play COD4, BF2, TF2, CSS, FEAR COMBAT, ETC and say this game is worth 15 bucks. Or even good.
Blacklights worth $30, $15 its a steal, let me explain why.
Call of Duty 4 is unbalenced. Softcore requires Stopping power to even kill anyone otherwise you'll need an entire clip to down someone. Terrible perks (Seriously, UAV Jammer, Dead Silence, Silencer, your practically an invisible camper and its boring) Hardcores a bit better but then makes Juggernaught, Stopping power and that perk no one uses that increases explosive damage (Seriously a perk that makes the noobtube more powerful?) useless. Need I go on?

BF2 had some of the worst hit detection I've ever played with gave up on it after a week, it was also horribly optimized (I had better performance in Crysis)

TF2 I've never played but judging by the whole "We were banned for crafting at a certain time" debate, I wouldn't want to.

CSS has long been a seriously broken, buggy mess, its taken the OB update (Which most of the players hate for fixing the game) to make the game even remotly decent. A game that calls glitches in the game code "Pro" isn't worth it.

I'll let you have F.E.A.R though, that was a blast of a game to play, unfortunatly I gave up due to the lack of player skill and overreliance on the G2A2.

Now to name an FPS that was worse than BLTD and released in the last 3 years and why... Oh thats easy, I could say MW2 for its clear stepping up of the problems meantioned in MW1 above, I could say Unreal Tournament 3 due to some shear bad choices by Epic (weapon balence being off being one of them) but because I'm nice. I'll pick Painkiller Resurrection. Sure I loved Doom, loved Quake, Serious Sam and a few other shooters, but Painkiller Resurrection felt bland, dull and added nothing. Bad level design and just general dullness broke the game.

Blacklight Tango Down brings something thats been missing for so long, a fast paced shooter with customisation options that doesn't require you to unload an entire clip to kill something.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blacklight: Tango Down