Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron

Old 07-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
dyamiten222

DLC annouced!AINT for PC!

IGN has broken the news.The Dlc has been annouced and guessed what??

IT AINT FOR PC!!!!!

Instead it is only for PSN , And Xbox Live. It will cost 800 points for xbox users(good for you , i guess this is because doesent care about Transformers like he does for Call of duty) and 9.99 for PSN(not bad)

In the Character and Map Pack there are 5 new characters , four new maps , two of em multi player and 2 of em escalation.All the Preorder characters are there , and Scattershot and Onslaught.

But too bad , we PC gamers wont be getting it! Cuz High Moon Studios said "Nay ,not for Pc". And Yet Matt Tieger saided PC Dlc will come and HSM said that would support the PC game(well that is what spylander said , not much hope for that).

Anyways , i was angry and sad. Every sad. I hate being stuck with one or two option for some of the classes , and the color choices(i wanna red megatron).

They havent bothered to release a patch for us PC owners. So right now , the future is grim.

P.S: I have just sended a email to High Moon Studios. Hope they reply

Last edited by dyamiten222: 07-21-2010 at 02:39 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Spylander

Banned
Its not uncommon for them to release it for the xbox/ps3 long before PC.

Give them time.
Spylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
dyamiten222

I will give em time.

It is usally common for people to release it on Xbox Live (MW2 for example)
dyamiten222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
Echidnaguy

Yeah, just because it's not announced for PC doesn't mean it's not coming.

Borderlands was just like this, and I think some of the ME2/DA stuff was console first, then PC.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Kews

A PC DLC is hampered by the fact that they have no uniform way of deploying content that you have to pay for. Unless they work something out through the Activision store, or make a rigid paypal system or something, it's highly unlikely they'll be able to pull it off.

It's not like they hate us or anything, but isn't cost efficient to support so few PC players, which in turn means that the suits at the top will need alot of convincing before they agree to give us additional space robots.

Free patches, on the other hand, shouldn't be any harder for them to arrange than any other studio though. They'd need some way of telling people that they can't play without patching, a message they could use the MOTD ("Be the ultimate weapon etc") to convey. From there they could rely on thirdparty sites like fileplanet, steam and whathaveyou for delivery.

Last edited by Kews: 07-21-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Kews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
dyamiten222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kews View Post
A PC DLC is hampered by the fact that they have no uniform way of deploying content that you have to pay for. Unless they work something out through the Activision store, or make a rigid paypal system or something, it's highly unlikely they'll be able to pull it off.

It's not like they hate us or anything, but isn't cost efficient to support so few PC players, which in turn means that the suits at the top will need alot of convincing before they agree to give us additional space robots.

Free patches, on the other hand, shouldn't be any harder for them to arrange than any other studio though. They'd need some way of telling people that they can't play without patching, a message they could use the MOTD ("Be the ultimate weapon etc") to convey. From there they could rely on thirdparty sites like fileplanet, steam and whathaveyou for delivery.

That is not hard.Treyarch delivered the maps through patches , same can be done with this.Or by steam. I am getting annoyed that The Motto keeps coming in the lobby.The Only that motto never appeared was when they said something about Double Xp weekned.

I see what type of support it will get.I do want DLC to be free thourgh.

"If i was Bobby Kotick , i would give people Free DLC!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #7
Spylander

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kews View Post

This^^^^
Spylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Nelsonator63

If you think about it...Activision didnt allow DLC released on PC for the ROTF game either.

Im hopeful though.
Nelsonator63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #9
dyamiten222

Yeah , due to it being a half-baked port job(framerate dips , caused slow gameplay , BAD).

I still carry some hope though.sorry about my flaming attitude.

At least WFC does not framerate dips
Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 AM   #10
Stingshot

Too bad this game hasn't windows live in it, then the DLC and chat would be solved by itself... though It might be integrated soon. Bobby Kotic has gotten some heat on him
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/do...elop-interview
Old 07-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #11
teeth_03

trust me,its better without GFWL

Call of Duty 5 is a good example of this. They would release the new map packs for consoles,then like a month later release them for free for the PC (having to wait a month + free > having them now + having to pay). If they release it as a patch,then it wont fragment the community. If it is paid DLC, then were screwed pretty much.

To be honest with you,I'd rather have dedicated servers than new content anyway. I cant believe how fun this game can be, but how laggy it gets with craptacular hosts.
teeth_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #12
Nosto

NO GFWL

NO!

I hated in DW:2!

its buggy its sux, and i dont want to use my MSN chat info. I stopped using msn chat. win live or w/e.

Give it time people! We may yet have victory!
Nosto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:47 AM   #13
icewyrm

The early release period is the most critical period for any multiplayer launch game. Buxfixes/additions which should have been in at launch need to be added quickly, or the multiplayer community quickly dies away.

This has already happened, as evidenced by the massive drop in online players since release. For the most part, you won't get these players back. I have seen this pattern so many times with other games...

The 360/PSN communities should be fine though, I'd imagine their online player base is crusing along pretty well. Any players on those platforms who can confirm this? Wrong place to ask I guess
Old 07-23-2010, 05:17 AM   #14
GrimCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewyrm View Post

This has already happened, as evidenced by the massive drop in online players since release.
and this has nothing to do with the lagfest that is matchmaking, and inability to select servers/join evenly or more populated ones in favor of just being thrown down into random games with no regard to ping or level...
nope, nadda chance
bugs and the like aside, the drop from bugs makes it harder to find matchmaking servers, and the lag from being restricted to such terrible methods of connection results in further rage quits :/
GrimCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 AM   #15
icewyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimCW View Post
and this has nothing to do with the lagfest that is matchmaking, and inability to select servers/join evenly or more populated ones in favor of just being thrown down into random games with no regard to ping or level...
nope, nadda chance
bugs and the like aside, the drop from bugs makes it harder to find matchmaking servers, and the lag from being restricted to such terrible methods of connection results in further rage quits :/
A decent in game browser, chat systems, ping statistics, host migration and other features in this vein should have been in at launch, or added in immediately afterwords - these types of features are vital to a PC mp games longevity. But thanks for agreeing with my post.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Transformers: War for Cybertron