Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm

Old 07-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
No_wander_off

PDAs Screenshots, and more.

so, this is an attempt to know the plot (if there is any) on Alien Swarm.

these are screenshots from all the PDAs, Emails, and computers in the game.

http://swarm.dataorb.net/

done by Pehmolelu (Give him +REP!)

Story Timeline:

Thursday, 9th-15th of December, 2052

* The cargo delivery 4903877 containing the swarm is shipped to Vereon XII. Shipment sent by Lt. John Cain, a SynTek security personnel and the commanding officer of Vereon XII. There are likely several containers of swarm.
* Shaun Ming (Lead scientist?) from SynTek has some connection to this shipment and works with Lt. Cain.
* Brian Howe and his crew find swarm eggs in the mines of Timor Station. (Parasites on the loose.)
* Apparently a few container's contents were unloaded for study, rest are still frozen.

Thursday, 12th of December, 2052

* Some workers (Pete, Kovac, Juan Rosales, Vincent Baker) start using a drug called Daxol again.

Monday, 16th of December, 2052

* Two miners went missing in Timor Station. Presumably killed by the swarm.

Wednesday, 18th of December, 2052

* Some swarm of the cargo delivery 4903877 escaped and eggs hatched.
* Two men of Brad Campbell's crew went missing. Presumably killed by the swarm.

Thursday, 19th of December, 2052

* Scientist Helen Young discovers that the swarm are advanced hive insects. (Like bees and ants.)
* Single worker (Scientist?) is found dead. Presumably killed by the swarm.

Friday, 20th of December, 2052

* Cortez, Jones and Stefani from Brad Cambell's crew are found dead. Limbs missing, killed by the swarm.
* Lt. Cain and his men load several containers of the cargo delivery 4903877 to a cargo vessel. Presumably these containers are going to the Research Station 7 in Earth.

Saturday, 21st of December, 2052

* Two miners reported missing in Timor Station. Presumably killed by the swarm.
* Shaun Ming makes a big breakthrough and manages to isolate and decode large bits of the genetic blueprint of the aliens.
* The laboratories are sealed off by the request of the Shaung Ming who wishes to test his/her assumptions on how the swarm reach maturity.

Sunday, 22nd of December, 2052

* Shaung Ming discovers that the swarm use living flesh as a catalyst for rapid tissue generation.
* Shaung Ming tells Helen Young about his/her experimens.

Monday, 23rd of December, 2052

* Lt. Cain saw a living alien in the mines and is angry to Shaung Ming because she/he told about the experiments to Helen Young.
* Brian Howe finds a partially devoured body in the mines. Killed by the swarm.
* Lt. Cain and a dozen show up and go to the mines. He comes back with only he and two of his men alive. Presumably 10 members of Lt. Cain's crew were killed by the swarm.
* Phil Ryan (Scientist?) reports two missing persons. Presumably killed by the swarm.
* Kate Edwards goes missing. Presumably killed by the swarm.

Tuesday, 24th of December, 2052

* Helen Young and Phil Ryan attempt to go the labs for unknown reasons.
* Brian Howe and his crew find a tunnel that swarm uses to spread out all over the colony. They attempt to seal off the tunnel with an old warhead.
* Brian Howe and his crew are unable to transport the warhead to the tunnel.
* Helen Young goes missing. Presumably killed by the swarm. Phil Ryan is presumably dead too, though it is never mentioned that he is missing, as he and Helen Young probably reached the labs.
* Lt. Cain declares martial law and everyone is ordered to go to their quarters and remain there until further notice.
* Laura Callen (Interstellar Alliance agent) sends an email to Lt. Cain commenting that it is too late for the martial law and that they need "serious intervention" or they are going to lose the facility. This is last known email sent in Vereon XII.

Last edited by No_wander_off: 07-27-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
DIENER

How long time did it take for you to find all?
DIENER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
No_wander_off

since release.
No_wander_off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
shackanaw

Thank you!

I was really hoping somebody would make one of these. I never stop to read these while playing online, since my teammates would just leave me in the dust, and I haven't gotten around to doing it in single player.
shackanaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
No_wander_off

damn, it's all a puzzle, seems like they need to be organized DATE BY DATE to understand anything.

meh.

seems like there was something going on between brian and laura
Old 07-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
No_wander_off

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackanaw View Post
Thank you!

I was really hoping somebody would make one of these. I never stop to read these while playing online, since my teammates would just leave me in the dust, and I haven't gotten around to doing it in single player.
your welcome
Old 07-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Amafoo\Amarkir

organize them both ways by Location and by Dates in the logs themselves you never know if Valve has hidden a code in there.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:38 PM   #8
No_wander_off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amafoo\Amarkir View Post
organize them both ways by Location and by Dates in the logs themselves you never know if Valve has hidden a code in there.
i was thinking on organizing them by user and by date.

or simply by date...
Old 07-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
GenericBadGuy

Thanks for the screenshots, but I don't really understand the way these things work ATM. You never really have time or the safety to stop and casually read the messages scattered around.

Now if they let you read them later like they were stored somewhere I think that would be helpful. Its all non-essential info anyway.
GenericBadGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #10
No_wander_off

i figured out that the best way to solve this puzzle without organizing each and every one of the links (and in the process, killing my eyes) i decided to post each one of the mails, for further comprehension and later organization.

Quote:
USER: David Anders

10/08/52 Subject: RE: Good 2239

Hi

cHeAp BiOtEcH EnHaNcMeNtS.

not strong enough? not smart enough? At Pharm A Medtech we can solve all yur problems, with a full range or artificial implant , growth meds and attachments. Reply now for 50% off replacement optics!
Quote:
USER: John Cain

11/15/52 Subject: RE: Hi

Hire.

Working outside the core systemcan be a lonesome experience. Startfire Subnet Dating could be the answer to your troubles! Meet for a chat and maybe more? Call (+490387439)

Alena

XXX
Quote:
User: John Cain.

12/18/52 Subject: Outpost 17

Lt. Cain,

We just recieved word from B Campbell that cargo delivery 4903877 contains organic material of unknown origin, all frozen and stored in containers. The destination of the cargo vessel is Syntek Research Station 7/Earth.

I'd like you to question your staff again and help me find out who's violating restriction #77C. (IA must be informed about transfer of unknown organic material to Earth, 77C/1.1.4)

L.Callen.
if anyone wants to help me, just need to post 1 of the mails in the links.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #11
No_wander_off

Quote:
User: David Anders

12/24/52 Subject: RE: Going to the labs

Sorry i couldn't contact you earlier. We found a tunnel those things are using to spread out all over the colony. We rigged an old warhead. We're gonna try to seal off the tunnel with the blast.

We also got some alarming mails from Laura Callen. I can't imagine how bad it must be up there.
Helen, for Christs's sake, Stay away from the labs! Lock yourself in until i get back to the main complex.

Brian.
Quote:

12/24/52 Subject: Martial Law

To all citizens of Vereon XII:

I am declaring a state of martial law, effective immediatly. Everyone is oredered to go to their quarters and remain there until further notice. Anyone found in violation of this order will be shot on sight.
Delcaration by authority of SynTeck Colony Law #545/768 as per standerd contractual worker agreement clause 45 (VII)

Lt. Cain, Synteck Security.
Quote:

12/24/52 Subject: Warhead

Helen, for God's sake, answer me! Please! Dave and Tom are dead. We couldn't get the warhead into that tunnel. I'm hidding for now , but staying here is not an option.

I just hope you're all right. There are so many things i wish i'd said to you. Just never seemed like the right time. And now...everything is wrong.

I love you.

Brian.
Quote:
User: Brian Howe

12/24/52 Subject: Going to the labs.

Brian, What the hell is going on? Gunshots? Screaming? Phil and I have decided to try getting into the labs. We'll use the vent system to get to Deck2.

I love you. Please contact me!

Helen.

PS: Happy birthday, for what it's worth.
these last mails make me cry a little...
Old 07-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
Shrimpsess

I'm linking to this thread in my stickied thread simply because more people should see it.
Shrimpsess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #13
No_wander_off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpsess View Post
I'm linking to this thread in my stickied thread simply because more people should see it.
thank you
Old 07-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #14
Shrimpsess

No problem, you did a great job and you deserve to be noticed.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #15
Shrimpsess

I'll post some of the emails for you. I'll go from the bottom up so we don't end up repeating our work.

Quote:
Terminal Access

Plant Status: Reactor Offline

Energy Output
0 MW

Operating Efficiency: 0%

Temperatures: 295K
Heat Exchange 295K
Cooling Tower: 110K
Driving Pistons: 295K

Primary Coolant 74%
Secondary Coolant 99%

Energy Transfer Bus Raw Output

Out - Heat Exchange Failure
Lock - Primary Coolant Leak
Dampening - Secondary Coolant leak
Turbine Overload - Emergancy Coolant Leak
Turbine Failure - Subspace Hookup
Heat Ex. Overload: Syntek HQ Link
Quote:

Date: 12/21/52

Subject: Flow of Information

Hi Howe,

Why didn't you inform me about the eggs you and your crew found in the mine last week?
Unless you can provide a sound justification for this lapse, I will have to file a report.

L. Callen
Quote:

Subject: Re: Re: Flow of information

Hi Howe,

I've checked my records but I don't see your memo. This is worrying, I've talked to the system administrator, in hopes of finding some sort of explanation.

L. Callen
Quote:
To: Laura Callen

Subject: Re: Flow of information

Dear Ms. Callen,

I DID follow procedure. I mailed you a detailed memo 6 days ago. I also mailed you about the security issues we've been having lately in Timor Station. Two workers went missing on Monday and today we had a fatality.

My men are exhausted from working doubleshifts. The heat is oppressive, and they are starting to hallucinate from fatigue - reporting unexplained noises and such. I'd like you to talk to SynTek and see that things improve here ASAP.

B. Howe
Might do more tomorraw.

Last edited by Shrimpsess: 07-24-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm