Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 07-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Gamepro6605

''Failed to load SteamUI localization file.''

Hi,

I'm playing Call of duty 6 modern warfare 2 for i think a year and now i get ''Failed to load SteamUI localization file.'' enybody now's why? and how to fix? Oh what i forgot to tell is i've a 64 bit windows 7 version maybe that help?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
compadora

I have problem but different game

I have been playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior. I just went to play game and my profile no longer exist and all progress I made is gone. I have same op system Windows 7 64-bit
compadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
compadora

I have problem but different game with same Op System

I have been playing Sniper: Ghost Warrior. I just went to play game and my profile no longer exist and all progress I made is gone. I have same op system Windows 7 64-bit
Old 07-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Gamepro6605

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by compadora View Post
and what has that mean with my problem?
Gamepro6605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
compadora

It is in addition to your problem

I didnt want to add a brand new thread.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
K3_Cubed

Thumbs up Failed to load SteamUI localisation error

Even though this post is old I realise that there isn't anywhere on this forum that seems to answer it. I had real real trouble with this and I had to search for the answer myself.

Usually I get this if I change my ISP or my Intranet IP settings. Steam seems to create a "localisation definition" for your use of the steam services. I found the answer at this thread:

http://www.theriseoftsm.com/forums/s...97-Steam-Error

First you should close off steam, then go to where you installed Steam (for most users C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam OR C:\Program Files\Steam).

Delete the following files (back them up somewhere just to be sure): ClientRegistry.blob, steamclient.dll, SteamUI.dll; and then restart steam. It should download whatever necessary files to replace those you deleted and you should retain all your purchased/downloaded games.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamepro6605 View Post
Hi,

I'm playing Call of duty 6 modern warfare 2 for i think a year and now i get ''Failed to load SteamUI localization file.'' enybody now's why? and how to fix? Oh what i forgot to tell is i've a 64 bit windows 7 version maybe that help?

Last edited by K3_Cubed: 01-29-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
Gamepro6605

I've already fixed that problem, but still thanks.
If you re-install the game or push at the fix button
Then it will work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3_Cubed View Post
Even though this post is old I realise that there isn't anywhere on this forum that seems to answer it. I had real real trouble with this and I had to search for the answer myself.

Usually I get this if I change my ISP or my Intranet IP settings. Steam seems to create a "localisation definition" for your use of the steam services. I found the answer at this thread:

http://www.theriseoftsm.com/forums/s...97-Steam-Error

First you should close off steam, then go to where you installed Steam (for most users C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam OR C:\Program Files\Steam).

Delete the following files (back them up somewhere just to be sure): ClientRegistry.blob, steamclient.dll, SteamUI.dll; and then restart steam. It should download whatever necessary files to replace those you deleted and you should retain all your purchased/downloaded games.

Hope that helps.
Gamepro6605 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips