Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
JoFu2

Another Ban Thread

Hey folks, I'm new to this forum. Just thought I'd throw my name out as one of the people who have been unjustly VAC banned on Modern Warfare 2 with the hope being that Valve will look into this, especially since it seems to be affecting a lot of people. I don't really want to get into any troll fights about whether or not I'm a hacker or any of that. I will just say that I was VAC banned, I never hacked, I take excellent care of my steam account, and I hope the issue is addressed soon. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
cusul

Banned
you will get answers like these:
* you are a cheater
* your account is hacked
* your pc is hacked
try to open a steam-ticket to get the dumb answer you should buy a new game..
Old 07-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
BlackRaven

Banned
-

10char

Last edited by BlackRaven: 07-26-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: never mind
Old 07-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Fahrenheit 451

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusul View Post
* you are a cheater
* your account is hacked
* your pc is hacked
He is right. Those are the only reasons you could get banned.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #5
JoFu2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusul View Post
* you are a cheater
* your account is hacked
* your pc is hacked
Well let's see. I'm not a cheater, my account is most definitely not hacked, what about the third one? My PC is hacked? I don't really know what you mean by that one. If you mean my PC is hijacked or something then that's definitely not true either. So I don't meet any of these qualifications.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
Brusilov

How do you know that your PC hasn't been hacked?

If it was highjacked there would be some sort of demand from whomever hijacked it. "Fly Me To Cuba".....
Old 07-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
crazy547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
How do you know that your PC hasn't been hacked?

If it was highjacked there would be some sort of demand from whomever hijacked it. "Fly Me To Cuba".....
Lol you get rep for that XD
EDIT:seems like i only can give myself rep xD

Last edited by crazy547: 07-26-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #8
FOO|YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy547 View Post
Lol you get rep for that XD

That was funny!!! He should see if it has ligature marks...
Old 07-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
Michaeloohra

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFu2 View Post
Well let's see. I'm not a cheater, my account is most definitely not hacked, what about the third one? My PC is hacked? I don't really know what you mean by that one. If you mean my PC is hijacked or something then that's definitely not true either. So I don't meet any of these qualifications.
Please tell us all how you KNOW your account isn't hijacked

A lot of hijacks don't change passwords, this way they can use your account till you get banned. Then they use their phising site or whatever to get more user accounts to use when you are gone

Sorry man but if you didn't hack, SOMEONE DID on your account. like it or not

Also, a lot of people got banned for using a mod hack, and a console unlock hack. I don't care what anything you read online says, if you download ANYTHING for this games, it is detectable, and will get you banned.

These hack sites like to post things like (undetectable cheat), (VAC Friendly) (disables VAC) (blah blah blah), these are all lies my friend. the ONLY thing you should EVER edit in a VAC game is your CFG-files. However, do it yourself, some people get hijacked or embedded cheats from downloading CFG-file edit programs.

If you done none of these things you got banned for someone else using your account, how they got... I dunno... :/

Better luck next time
Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #10
Are You Stupid?

Look man, I get called a cheater pretty much every game,I have never installed cheats on ANY game I own, never touched the files, don't even know how. I'm sure that people report me left and right, in fact, I tell them to if they have a problem. Why? Because I've got nothing to hide. You don't get banned for no reason, I've been playing this forever and I'm still around despite all the accusations.

My guess is that if you were banned for cheating, it was for a reason. It doesn't just happen randomly, it's not a conspiracy trying to get more sales, it's a result of your stupidity. My advice to you is to buy another copy and stay legit.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #11
XAFAfterShock

Banned
anyone who pays for this game 2x should be competing in the special olympics. Whether you know you cheated or have really no idea why you got banned and even if you are absolutely sure it was some freak accident you still shouldn't be wasting money buying the game again. Don' be like the helpless zombies who order every dlc that is fed to them, they are feeding the machine that wants pc gaming to end.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #12
crazy547

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAFAfterShock View Post
anyone who pays for this game 2x should be competing in the special olympics. Whether you know you cheated or have really no idea why you got banned and even if you are absolutely sure it was some freak accident you still shouldn't be wasting money buying the game again. Don' be like the helpless zombies who order every dlc that is fed to them, they are feeding the machine that wants pc gaming to end.
Yeah buy some few valve games instead That way we know pc gaming would never die
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #13
cap10marvell

A Good, Honest friend of mine who is a 39 year old married, construction worker with a kid' joined an online game of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, he was at level 62' but upon finishing the battle he suddenly found he was at level 70!

The next thing that happens is VAC is saying he is a Despicable Cheater, I have known my Hard Working friend for over a decade’ he would not use Cheat Codes or Cheat.

Sense this is all a really big mystery to everyone' my best advice is: If you value having a good reputation do not buy or play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2! Who knows maybe in a year they will have worked out all the Bugs in of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

These False Cheater Brandings seem to be predominantly happening with mainly Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2' there are lots of other FPS’s out there to play until Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is made safe from False Cheater Brandings.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #14
Are You Stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10marvell View Post
A Good, Honest friend of mine who is a 39 year old married, construction worker with a kid' joined an online game of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, he was at level 62' but upon finishing the battle he suddenly found he was at level 70!

The next thing that happens is VAC is saying he is a Despicable Cheater, I have known my Hard Working friend for over a decade’ he would not use Cheat Codes or Cheat.

Sense this is all a really big mystery to everyone' my best advice is: If you value having a good reputation do not buy or play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2! Who knows maybe in a year they will have worked out all the Bugs in of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

These False Cheater Brandings seem to be predominantly happening with mainly Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2' there are lots of other FPS’s out there to play until Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is made safe from False Cheater Brandings.
This is complete bull. I'm 9th prestige, and I've played when I'm randomly put into a hacked lobby and leveled to 70 at the end. This has affected NOTHING for me, because it can't alter the files on my computer. I've been in probably 5 or 6 hacked lobbies, and the only thing that changed was my rank. He MUST be at fault for what's happened.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #15
Nettwerk

39 yrs old, married, kids, and still cheats.. tsk tsk.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare