Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Call of Duty World at War

Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
chEmicalbuRn

QUESTIONS

im looking for a really good realistic WWII shooter. im a big fan of RO, but the graphics are getting really outdated and there's just nobody playing anymore, save some Euro servers with high ping. i really like games with realistic style WWII guns with recoil adjustment needed, bolt action rifles, etc. how does this game compare to the game play of RO, yes i know the graphics are way better, but in terms of realism. i used to play MW1 a lot, i bought MW2 when it came out, and its just a joke now. i cant run MOH Airborne with a 64 bit OS, Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum are dead too. is there a lot of server activity left with WaW? any thoughts/advise would be much appreciated.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
seseorang

I found World at War to be a very short game... Graphically it's great, but graphics don't make a game. I like WW2 era of Call of Duty so I would rate it as very good
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Gremmie

I've never played R.O., but W@W is a fun multiplayer game. There are a lot of "realistic" servers out there for this game. Just search for "tactical" in their title. That isn't really my thing, but there are a lot of those types of servers.

I also enjoy the WWII setting and weapons.
Gremmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
chEmicalbuRn

Quote:
Originally Posted by seseorang View Post
I found World at War to be a very short game... Graphically it's great, but graphics don't make a game. I like WW2 era of Call of Duty so I would rate it as very good
im talking strictly MP, thats my fault i should have specified that.
chEmicalbuRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
seseorang

I've never played multiplayer with Call of Duty (any version) my internet connection won't cope with it
seseorang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
naughtydog2k3

Banned
Call of Duty: World at War is a pretty good and fun multiplayer game, it's similiar to Call of Duty 4 multiplayer but with WWII skins but it's a pretty good one. I'd definitely get this game especially since it's only $30 and I'm about to purchase the Steam version since I sold my retail copy..definitely get this game.
naughtydog2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
naughtydog2k3

Banned
Also, yes..they are still quite a lot of servers up, maybe not a lot compare to COD4 but you will never have a hard time or finding any game online anyways..so I will say the community is still going strong in that game.
naughtydog2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
chEmicalbuRn

thanks guys, i went ahead and bought it!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #9
chEmicalbuRn

glad i took your advise, WaW is exactly what i was looking for. love it. thnx man

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Call of Duty World at War