Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
Uladh

City Life 2 RPG Mod Operation Arrowhead

Greetings everyone i am just giving you an update on the mod which is being worked on and has being in development for 3 years. i am talking about City Life 2 which is a roleplay mod involving players taking on the role of either cop or civilian. the mod is in the beta stage and is extremly close to public launch.

before you read the details below i would like to stress what i believe is the most important feature of the mod and that is the save system. this makes the mod more than just a mission, it creates a persistant enviroment to play in as even after server restarts and shutdowns all your stats,cash,items are saved to continue with when you return.

the mod has now switched to operation arrowhead.

) Fully integrated save system, it will save everything you have and your location.

2) ATM and bank system. You cant withdraw more then your daily limit from the ATM so you have to go to the bank for large sums of money.

3) Money system that changes to a credit card when it reaches a million.

4) House ownership with storage of your items.

5) For civilians there are many jobs on offer;
Hunting
Fishing
Street Sweeper
Pilot Instructor
Repo Man
Bus Driver
Taxi Driver
Delivery Driver

Or you can do some hard graft and collect resourses to sell at the market.

6) Shop ownership, the main shops have to be owned and you earn the cash spent there or you can build your own shop and stock it with what you chose and set your own price.

7) For those that fancy working in a team you can become a Police officer or a member of the EMT team where you will have to provide a rapid responce team to revive seriousley injured people.

8) Integrated number plate system on custom cars.

9) You can modify your car with a turbo, tune up kits or even install a low jack tracking system onto it.

10) Every item in City Life 2 has a model, so you drop a fish on the floor and it will be there for you to pick up or leave.

11) Skill point system - to be able to use some of the better shops you will require skill points.

12) Custom built buildings such as, Jail, Police HQ, EMT HQ, Bank, Race track, Car Parks and Post Office.

13) For those that want to try and earn some big bucks on the illegal side of life you can always grow your own drugs, smuggle illegal items from the black market, mug people or even Rob the bank.

If you have any questions about it please visit our CL2 WIKI http://www.cityliferpg.com/CLIKI/ind...itle=Main_Page

Last edited by Uladh: 07-30-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Donatti

Holy... this sounds awesome.

I'll be looking forward to it.
Donatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:31 PM   #3
Uladh

updated to say that the mod goes live tonight at 11 pm gmt

register on the website and join the roleplay today!
Uladh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
Donatti

Seriously? This afternoon? I'll sure be there
Donatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
fearlessfrog

That wiki link is broke?

I'm not sure I get it, as in if I finish my job for the day being a delivery driver, then this mod allows me to roleplay as a, um, delivery driver? Good luck though.

Won't everyone just want to rob the bank or be a cop shooting bank robbers?
fearlessfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Uladh

you need to register on the website to view the link

its a role play mod, if your not interested in roleplay then its not for you, if you wwish to be a delivery driver thats up to you, u can start out as a delivery driver to aquire your wealth and then start hiring other players to work for you then maby you open up a shop selling a certain item and paying your workforce to collect resources to make this item

Last edited by Uladh: 07-30-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Uladh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #7
sep1991

Here's my experience, posting the following letter got me permanently banned from their community:
Quote:

I noticed a store to buy things, and thought to myself "Well this will help me get my character setup quicker aswell as help the server, and everything looks great so far so why not?". Nowhere on the donation site it said anything like "There is a chance that for whatever reason you may be unable to use the items you bought". I did my purchase of an AlphA Romeo and 4k (total was 9 pounds).

I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that during the drivers license test, lag and FPS issues would cause my car to drive very slow, i failed. After trying another 9 times i came to realise it was not my fault but something technical going wrong: My time would run out even before i'd drive into the town at the end of the route and had been doing so all along.

This means i spent 4 pounds on dealing with a broken game mechanic, still left unable to use the other 5 pounds i invested: my car. I decided to post about this as it was quite a serious issue, and even came up with ideas to improve the role play experience too. The community leader's reaction to this was something like "So the rest of the people who got their test done were hackers, right?" clearly expressing his disinterest in even acknowledging the problem, let alone fixing it. My thread gets deleted and problem gets ignored.

My money is wasted on items i can not use and a community who's officials and some members turn their back or even get straight up offensive when i am in need of help, or put question marks next to the things actually going on. Not a single person has expressed any form of compassion. I've even been threatened with bans in answer to mentioning the possibility of taking this up with paypal.

I feel misled, fooled and since no one in the community seems to be willing whatsoever to even acknowledge how wrong this all, is i'm affraid i'm left no choice but to rely on Paypal's reputation for protecting consumers. I'm not trying to jarate people off here, i'm pointing out things that are widely experienced as very damn wrong, hoping that they will get solved for your own good.

Regards,

Simon.
http://gyazo.com/761be9244b2b725de72453aa12c24621 (A word from one of their community representatives)
sep1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #8
faulkn22

I had a similar experience. Spoke out against admin that were abusing the game and others experience, and got banned instantly. My friend was apparently banned for asking that my ban be reduced to a temp ban.

These guys are a joke, and they deserve to sit on an empty server, because they deserve themselves.

This mod and these admins are complete jokes. RUN THE OTHER WAY because you're almost certainly wasting your time. These guys are not fair, not team players, and not decent people.
faulkn22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Vangaurdius

Yeah, don't use this mod. The community is awful and puts MOBAs to shame.
Vangaurdius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
James009

Website's been down for a couple days, was hoping to try this mod despite the claims of corruption.

James009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #11
ArMaTeC

sep1991 you where banned due to your lack of understanding that its your PC that is not up to standard and not the driving test also making a donation and then retracting it after you used the gift given is against the rules of City Life.

faulkn22 you where banned for creating multiple accounts and your so called friend was in fact yourself as the evidence shows the 2 accounts second only being created to reply to your unban request

To all other players who wish to join us in "Role play" just remember with responsibility comes rules if you follow them no admin on City Life will have an issue with you at all. if you fail to follow the rules then you will be removed from the community its that simple. We are not Neo we simply created a mod that works well because we keep out the rubbish and deathmatchers.

our website has been up and running non stop for months if you cant connect then its quite possible that your ip range is banned as we get issue with hackers and people who get banned trying to create new accounts.
ArMaTeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
MichaelBgB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uladh View Post
register on the website and join the roleplay today!

I've tried registering on the website a few days ago, but I never got a verification email.
MichaelBgB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > ARMA series > ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead