Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Empires V

Old 07-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #1
Wiedadde

Question Space station

Hi

I'm new to Space Empires V and still playing the tutorial. Been messing around with all the options...

I tried building a space station. Added all the required components, some weapons and gadgets. Once the design completed, i tried it in the space battle simulator against some frigates.

Problem:the space station doesn't fire at all. It just sits there, waiting to be destroyed. I must be doing something wrong here, but i've no clue what that might be.

Any ideas?

Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Wiedadde

I found out why: my space station was carrying only ordnance and no supplies. You need supplies (as well) to fire energy based weapons .
Old 11-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Esperologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiedadde View Post
I found out why: my space station was carrying only ordnance and no supplies. You need supplies (as well) to fire energy based weapons .
Glad I read this... I haven't made a station yet, so now I know. ^_^
Esperologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #4
ShadowDragon868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiedadde View Post
Supplies are your "energy storage," call it whatever is appropriate - antimatter, nuclear material, charged-up batteries, etcetera. Rightclick on a weapon to see what it requires to fire it - the default starting cannon requires 1 Supply and 1 Ordnance to fire, while the nuclear missile requires 7 Supplies and 10 Ordnance to fire.

Most energy-based weapons would require 0 Ordnance, but would have a high Supply requirement. So this sounds like a case of bad ship design. Just revamp the design to have a lot of supply storage and your station will pew pew pew all day long.
ShadowDragon868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Placi

Most of those who played SE4 before (like me) makes this mistake.
I strongly recommend to make use of the combat simulator if you don't played SE5 for a decade....
Placi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #6
ShadowDragon868

I should point out that it's way easier to make this mistake - and learn from it - on stations and weapon platforms. If you give a regular ship pew pew guns and ordnance storage, it already has supply storage by simple dint of the fact that it has engines, which pack in some supply storage. And you probably gave it some supply storage as well. So you could go on making this mistake, thinking that those Ordnance storage units you gave it were anything but wasted design slots and tonnage because when you ship gets into a fight, it goes pew pew pew.
ShadowDragon868 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Empires V