Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 11-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #166
lonewolfdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangride View Post
I'm curious as to why more of these DLCs couldn't be cheaper, and/or included with the original game/bundled into the original game. Many people, like me, rather like to have the game and all the DLC packs, as I really enjoy an 100% complete game. But I for one couldn't/wouldn't dish out that much for the DLC. Why does the company choose to price all of this so high?
Again, read the previous posts (or at least the first post in this thread), and most of your inquiries would have been answered already.

Coming here to complain about how much DLC costs, or why does it costs so much has been re-hashed time and time and time again (and not even bothering to at least read the first post of this thread, which would have answered your inquiries), therefore your complaints about how much it costs and calling people who buy DLC for RailWorks "insane" comes across as trolling.
lonewolfdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #167
wbgron

I agree with Don on this one - When I first joined the forums I did the same as you Fangride and I got asked to not troll and to look at previous posts...I did and found the answers....Follow my advice, have a look around and Don't step on peoples toes!
wbgron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #168
Glock19

I have no idea why people are complaining about DLC. Thanks to all the developers that made TS2012 and the 3rd party folks for making new routes and trains. Keep it coming. Prices are very reasonable too.
Glock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #169
Sterm26

I know this is an issue from way back in March...but I just downloaded the Edinburgh=Glasgow DLC, mainly because the Steam page has it listed as having career scenarios. Just installed it...no career scenarios. This was the only post I could find that mentioned this issue at all. Has there, in fact, been an update?

If it's true that 3rd party DLC's are not equipped with Career mode, Steam would do well to correct the advertisement. However you may feel about career scenarios (a topic for another thread), the note is misleading.

Last edited by Sterm26: 11-20-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Sterm26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 AM   #170
Shait

Hello, can anyone give me some tips? I have discount voucher and want to buy some dlc, but there is too many of them and i cannot decide which one i want... I just want some fast train electric or diesel with a few additional tracks. So if you know which one dlc is good tell me thanks.
p.s. i have: Portland Terminal DLC, RailWorks Network Southeast Class 47 Add-On, Railworks HST Pack 01
Shait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #171
kurabess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shait View Post
Hello, can anyone give me some tips? I have discount voucher and want to buy some dlc, but there is too many of them and i cannot decide which one i want... I just want some fast train electric or diesel with a few additional tracks. So if you know which one dlc is good tell me thanks.
p.s. i have: Portland Terminal DLC, RailWorks Network Southeast Class 47 Add-On, Railworks HST Pack 01
Read forum,You will find answer to your question there. Latest offer from Steam, span a few inquiries on the same subject. If you don,t find answer to your question, ask forum. Good luck. My choice would be "west coast north", at least you have expansion pack to which you can add to something else later.German stuff all gone from dlc,so not much left.

Last edited by kurabess: 12-14-2011 at 08:08 AM.
kurabess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:46 AM   #172
cameraman1944

I have been a "Flight Simmer" now for some 15 years, indeed since it started.I would question your facts on the cost of this software.
Over the time I have been using it must have spent only about £40(UK)including add ons etc.
There at least 3 Sites which provide free legal downloads in return for small adonations.
It is also quite easy to design add-0ns for this simulator.
However, my biggest moan is the way the "game" software seems to alter overnight this causes me much anguish.
This is not the first time I have complained and as nobody gets back to me with an explanationam I am seriously considering not using Steam and using the Railworks software off line.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #173
brataccas

Banned
Red face

just a quick question wondering if you can manually select what DLC to load up? eg I want to play railworks with just the core addons as a test seeing as I havent got the game to run atall since the rw3 update redownloading the whole game on steam (12gbs -.-)

cheers
brataccas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #174
ozgeek

I will not buy any DLC for this game unless the trains are australian. I wish someone would make a QLD tilt train or even a XPS train.
ozgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #175
Lithonion

I am enjoying TS 2012 but would love to see more add ons that are not all in Europe or the US eastern coast. I grew up in Montana and you could do a snow plow add on through the rockies. Or the a Amtrack run from Shelby or Cut Bank up into Glacier! Cut Bank still has a wooden trestle. Check out these pics of the actual steam run to Cut Bank...hint hint..

http://www.steamphotos.com/Railroad-...731345&k=K2Rvg
Lithonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #176
md11lm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
I will not buy any DLC for this game unless the trains are australian. I wish someone would make a QLD tilt train or even a XPS train.
The only tilt train I am familiar with is the DLC Class 390, an Italian design, and quite fast! But then, who ever heard of a slow Italian vehicle?

Clickity-Clack,

Peter
md11lm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #177
Toldrabald

Quote:
Originally Posted by md11lm View Post
The only tilt train I am familiar with is the DLC Class 390, an Italian design, and quite fast! But then, who ever heard of a slow Italian vehicle?

Clickity-Clack,

Peter
You seem to have never head of the Fiat Panda
Toldrabald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #178
bra2accas

Red face

whats the justtrains? class 60 called in the game list? I have this train but cant find "class 60" anywhere, plus the only "justtrains" I got doesnt say class 60
bra2accas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #179
dingdynasty

I golf, bowl, hunt,and have many other hobbies. The hours per cost I get from this sim is the best deal I've found.
It's a free country, nobody is being forced.
dingdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #180
md11lm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman1944 View Post
I have been a "Flight Simmer" now for some 15 years, indeed since it started.I would question your facts on the cost of this software.
Over the time I have been using it must have spent only about £40(UK)including add ons etc.
There at least 3 Sites which provide free legal downloads in return for small adonations.
It is also quite easy to design add-0ns for this simulator.
However, my biggest moan is the way the "game" software seems to alter overnight this causes me much anguish.
This is not the first time I have complained and as nobody gets back to me with an explanationam I am seriously considering not using Steam and using the Railworks software off line.
Unlike MSTS or even FSX and prior, TS2012 is designed so that we buy DLC and third party software (All Aboard, etc.), consider, each new release of loco's include limited scenarios, we get bored (out of our collective skulls) so we buy more. The real deals are with bundled scenario packs.

Whatchaallthunk?

Clickity-clack,

Peter
md11lm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks