Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series

Old 07-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
GeoTeo

Red face EverQuest®: Underfoot™ All-In-One Compilation Pack?????

So I just bought the EverQuest®: Underfoot™ All-In-One Compilation Pack for $14.99 USD, and I opened a Station Account so I can get started. When I log in it says I have 14 days left of subscription, when the description clearly stated " The first 30 days of this fee are included in the purchase price of this package." It also says I only have 2 expansions when in the description once again it stated, "includes all features and content from the 15 previous expansion packs." I am fed up with all of this and just want to get it working so I can start playing!

Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
sytto

Welcome to SOE.
sytto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
GeoTeo

thanks but that doesn't really help.....
Old 07-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Kerrby

Should've read my thread telling you not to buy the game.
Kerrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
GeoTeo

fml i hate making stupid decisions
Old 07-31-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Distiler

I don't even play that game but I think I know with 99% confidence what is going on: you've probably started a 14 day trial.
When that trial ends, use the key you've just bought and you'll have all expansiones and the 30 days.

Last edited by Distiler: 07-31-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
GeoTeo

thanks for the advice but is there anyway to speed up the 14 day process?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #8
Nelody

You probably didn't activate the game on your Station account, and when you logged in you just got the default 14 day trial and basic Everquest entitlements.

It should be pretty easy to fix. Remember Everquest is an MMO and your key is attached to your account, not the software like most Steam games (meaning you can sign on to any computer anywhere with that Station (SOE) Account once it is activated).

It should be Steam who makes an effort to help people like you set up properly with non-standard games like this.

Try the following:

1) Go to your Steam Library of games, and get the CD Key (activation code). Just click on the game in your list, then the "CD Key" link under "Links" on the right hand side. A small dialog box will pop up and you can click a button to copy this key to your clipboard.

2) Log into your Station account at: https://account.station.sony.com/?theme=station

3) From the list of button on the left, click "ENTER ACTIVATION CODE"

4) Select "Everquest" from game drop down box.

5) Type or paste the CD Key/Activation Code into the field (CTRL + V if you click copy key button in Steam)

6) Click "Continue" and your software and item entitlements should be shown on the screen.

It may sound complicated, but in fact it's easier in the end because you never ever have to enter that code again. It's connected to your login account, so you will have access to you characters and expansions from any computer that has the software installed.

Welcome to Everquest, and if you need any more help, just ask!
Old 08-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #9
GeoTeo

wow thank you so much Nelody you helped me out a lot!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
srennick

so another question.
i, too, bought the complete everquest pack off steam.
i have installed and activated it, but it asks me to confirm a subscription option.
i am concerned that if i confirm the subscription, it will automatically charge my credit card instead of giving me thirty free days.
any insight would be much appreciated!
thx!
steve
Old 08-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #11
Nelody

Hi there,

I just found this in SOE's support database:

Notice on Subscriptions

If this is your first time playing EverQuest, the game requires you to subscribe before you are allowed to play. Once you fill out your billing information and subscribe to our games, you will be granted your 30 free days. Your account will not be billed until the end of your 30 free days, at which point your account will automatically be billed for the next month of play. If you decide to cancel your account before the 30 free days are up, your account will never be billed."

It's pretty easy to cancel your account whenever you wish. I have more than one Everquest account and often I'll close it down for a few months if I'm too busy to play.. there is never a problem doing that from my account management screen.

There is a lot more information for people who got the game from Steam:

Link: Game Activation Through Steam

Hope that helps!

Nelody
Old 08-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #12
srennick

thanks, nelody!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series