Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jade Empire: Special Edition

Old 08-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Darkbirdy

Red face Crash, crash, crash

Win7 64, Nvidia 8800GT.

I launch the game. I choose config tool. It crashes. I launch the game and pick 'play'. It launches the config tool and crashes. I research. I make SystemInformation.xml and get to the menu. I click options. It crashes. I try again and click 'New Game', and it crashes.

I make new .xml files in Admin mode. I delete .xml files. I run everything in compatibility mode. Steam is already in admin mode. I disable secondary programs. I delete ini files. I run executables directly. Crashes. I delete and reinstall, then retry all of the above. Crashes. I call an old priest and a young priest. Crashes.

I search the internet some more. Lots of people having this problem, nobody has answers. I read account after account of people contacting 2K support, and not one account of anyone getting a reply, even after weeks.

Lost cause?
Old 08-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
HotSh0t_

baseball

Last edited by HotSh0t_: 04-23-2011 at 03:30 PM.
HotSh0t_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Ekstor

Bypass the configuration utility by renaming the game executable into the configuration executable. On certain machines, I've found that the configuration executable doesn't work. Once you do that, launching the game through Steam should launch the game directly.

You can find a set of executable files under "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\jade empire."

If memory serves correct, you need to backup the current "JadeEmpireLauncher.exe" and then rename "JadeEmpire.exe" (or whatever the game executable is) to "JadeEmpireLauncher.exe"

Try that. I have run the game across three different platforms with minimal issues.

Last edited by Ekstor: 08-04-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Ekstor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
Turtle_returns

I had the same problem, I used your solution... and it worked !!!

However, the little incovenient is that I can't seem to configure most of my options : for example, my mouse isn't working (or I can't see the cursor), and I'm not able to navigate in the menus manually (I can't even save).

I wonder if you have solution for that too..
Turtle_returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
TheSeventhChaos

I'm having the same problem, where I can't see my mouse cursor anywhere in the game.. I've been searching for what feels like an hour for a solution to this, and still I've found nothing. Would appreciate some help here.. Thanks
TheSeventhChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
Turtle_returns

Nothing to solve it, but I found that you could naviguate between the menus with the "Tab" key. With that, I was at least able to play, even if there is some minors troubles.
Turtle_returns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Jade Empire: Special Edition