Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series

Old 08-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
RF-Fab

Rune Forge
[TG2-REN]Hotfix 310710

Since the bug making children uncontrollable made the game unplayable we decided to provide a bugfix in this hotfix so you don't have to wait for the next patch.
This hotfix contains also a fix for the missing inventory after the character went to war.
This hotfix should be compatible with all fanmade patches but you have to start a new game.

In order to install the hotfix simply unpack the file Hotfix_310710.rar in your gamefolder and replace all files if you're asked by Windows.
This hotfix must be applied by all members of a MP-game otherwise it leads to OoS messages.

In short:
This hotfix includes bugfixes for:
- Not controllable children after apprenticeship
- Missing inventory after war

This hotfix is:
- Compatible to fanmade patches
- Not included in patch 4.1
- Not savegame compatible

Link:
http://source.gilde2.de/Hotfix_310710.zip

Last edited by RF-Fab: 08-01-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Euly

Thank you
Old 08-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #3
seraphyn

When you bring out a patch, will it be backwards compatible with my savegames? I have a couple I'd like to continue some day.

*edit

nvm, just saw another post of yours stating that it wasn't an option.

Last edited by seraphyn: 08-01-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
malkuth

Cool thanks. I will try this out tonight with a new game.
malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Void(null)

very awesome, thank you!
Void(null) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Void(null)

If anyone is interested in the Fan Patches they can be found on JoWoods Forums.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
ThomJWD

JoWooD Entertainment
Nevertheless I would suggest waiting for the next patch which is expected within the next 2 weeks. Those "fan patches" are more or less hacks and those issues will be solved in the next update in a proper, better way. Of course this is up to you but the usage of those is at your own risk. The new patch will be immediately sent to Valve as soon as available to ensure the best possible gaming experience for you.

In the meantime you can apply the hotfix RF-Fab provided in the first post if you want, however I guess I will wait for the final patch to deliver it to Valve to avoid too many single updates on Steam software itself, too many different versions number im Multiplayer and the destruction of too many current savegames.

Last edited by ThomJWD: 08-02-2010 at 07:35 AM.
ThomJWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
Void(null)

While I appreciate the haste and timely patching, Two weeks is simply too long to wait for a playable game when there are quick and simple alternatives, its simply not possible to play Renaissance beyond the first generation without some really esoteric work arounds, and I have yet to play a game where any form of politics were possible because everything from Town meetings to Court Trials are horrifically screwed up.

I would much rather take my chances with modded code, from the same community that has been modding this same code for the past 4 years, and the same community from which you hired Rune Forge to develop Renaissance, than spend the next 2 weeks unable to play the game.

Its not like any of the code fixes are going to make my computer blow up, at worse I will have to redownload Renaissance when the new patch comes out, and at best I may be able to play this game beyond a single generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomJWD View Post

In the meantime you can apply the hotfix RF-Fab provided in the first post if you want, however I guess I will wait for the final patch to deliver it to Valve to avoid too many single updates on Steam software itself, too many different versions number im Multiplayer and the destruction of too many current savegames.
What Multiplayer? I tried playing this with my wife all of Friday night and while we didnt get any out of sync issues, that was only because the game would bug out after an hour and we would be unable to continue playing and have to start a new game.

And what Save games? Our games are currently bugged to the point that key functions are locked out from us, such as selling buildings randomly, cout trials, town politics, sending our kids to school. While all of them will not effect every game at least one of them will which is yet another restart.

At this point im looking at the community made patches, or going back to Pirates of the Hansa, as right now while Renaissance is beautiful and brilliant and a huge upgrade... but without some serious bug fixes the game is unplayable.

I know you guys are working on it and you wont let us down, I have full faith and confidence that very soon (About 2 weeks) Renaissance will be an amazing and stable game, but right now it is anything but... and for many of us its come down to fan patches or going back to an older version of the Guild until the patch is out.

Last edited by Void(null): 08-02-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #9
Euly

I (for one) would rather deal with too many updates and version confusion than burn-out on playing short stints till any bug makes the game unplayable. A great feature with Steam is it can keep the games up to date, so different versions shouldn't be an issue. As it stands right now, the player mods are the only option for to remedy the game's problems.

Last edited by Euly: 08-02-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series