Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector

Old 08-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
trek554

Banned
tedious and frustrating

that's pretty much how I would describe the game. I haven't cussed, screamed and yelled so much at a video game in my life. yeah I may be a little slow when it comes to reflexes but this games was VERY difficult at times. repeating the same thing multiple times even when I clearly knew it was the correct way was NO fun. if it wasn't for god mode I would have never even finished it. heck even the walkhroughs on youtube stop at chapter 9.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
northreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek554 View Post
that's pretty much how I would describe the game.
I wouldn't know. Started to finally play it yesterday and am already at 8. Steam says I have a total of 2 hours played which is probably nearing 3 hours.

There has been a handful or less of annoying parts but they weren't really that bad and got past them in decent time.

Overall I'd say the game thus far is easy and to me the game is much better than expected.

-- Update (A slight review): At 9 hours it is finished. Its a fun game up until the end part. Had to look up how to do that since it wasn't made clear. No matter how much time spent would never have figured out something that should have been made apparent - it doesn't help with the constant never ending barrage of enemies. But after knowing, it only took a few minutes to finish.

I did not find the enemies to be a problem or a negative. After all, they can be destroyed, and quite easily once you get the hang of it.

The controls work fine. Can see why people may get frustrated, however, there's not many controls. Its simple that way and if you've been playing games for a long time its nothing you haven't experienced.

Encountered only one or two bugs at the most and one crash all in 9 hours.

Its a fun game that kept me playing. I give it 8/10 or 3/5.

Last edited by northreign: 08-25-2010 at 08:18 PM.
northreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Skullmosher

I have to agree. Tedious and very frustrating. If it wasn't for godmode I would have completely given up on this game already.

The first two levels were mildly annoying, but doable once you figured out the peculiarities of things. But the third level sucked the sweat off of old goat gonads. A tracer jumps you in the first pipe and there is literally nothing you can do. Pushing it away doesn't give you enough time to pick up a barrel to stun it, and it moves so fast it gets in between you and the barrel you are trying to pick up. Then, if by some stroke of luck you actually peg the foul thing and stun it, it resumes the attack before you can get a grasp of it. It took me ten minutes of slogging around in the tunnel before I finally managed to kill the blast thing.

Now I'm joyfully stuck on the beginning of the fourth level where you can't jump high enough to get off the roof of the elevator car. LOL. Whoever designed these levels ought to be taken out behind the chemical shed and shot in the back of the head. (and, yes, this is me being very charitable)
Skullmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
EvilDastard

What kept me from finishing was the lack of variety in the game. After a few hours it began to feel like I was never going to see anything new...just bland and repetitive corridors, and variations of the same two or three puzzles. Ugh. There are very few games I don't finish due to lack of interest - this is one of them.

The greatest challenge I found in Twin Sector was simply forcing myself to play the game for as long as I did :/
EvilDastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
foadiron

Banned
What kept me from finishing it was that it crashes at the 30 minute mark every single time.
foadiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
northreign

I finished it a long time ago. Actually, not long after my post @ #2 (Days or hours. Too long ago.)
Old 05-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Fragems

If not for the horrible check points, complete lack of instructions or hints, annoying load times, and unforgiving fall damage this game would pass as almost mediocre. However after playing the first 2-3 levels im close to giving up.Puzzles seem to lack imagination and having to replay whole levels because of one miss click is just plain annoying.

Will probably give this game one more chance but Im really close to moving onto another game.

Last edited by Fragems: 05-02-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Fragems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
northreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragems View Post
If not for the horrible check points, complete lack of instructions or hints, annoying load times, and unforgiving fall damage this game would pass as almost mediocre
I really don't understand people's frustration / problem with this game.

Don't get it at all.

Last edited by northreign: 06-12-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
Fatman_UK

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by northreign View Post
I really don't understand people's frustration / problem with this game.

Don't get it at all.
Perhaps I can help illustrate the problem by relating my own experience. I'm with the 'tedious and frustrating' guys. I quit the game after only 45 minutes solid play. I should also point out that I loved Portal 1 and 2, since people seem to be comparing Twin Sector to the Portal series. Here are a few of the frustrations I experienced:

* no key remapping. There is a 'rotate item' game mechanism which requires a mousewheel. Since I play with a trackball (no wheel) and I can't remap the keys, this means I can't rotate items at all. I don't know if it's a showstopper, but that's ok because my other points are showstoppers.

* no proper save-on-demand function. I hate the fact that when you die you go back several scenes to a fiddly little puzzle you already sweated past. That's punishment for no good reason.

* poor game control design. For instance, lifting a crate from a distant floor leaves you with no energy to grab the thing. Maddening. You could at least have a separately powered grabbing suction cup on your glove, or something.

These points together with the lousy voice acting leave me reaching for other games. I'm quite enjoying Vessel, and Borderlands is a nice way to kill a few hours. I'm glad I only wasted four pounds on Twin Sector. DnS can do better than this.
Fatman_UK is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Twin Sector