Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series

Old 08-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
bellagoth

How to borrow money

In Guild 2, on the Nottingham-Hucknall map (Nottinghamshire) there is no bank or moneylender of any sort in either town. I've started a new game 3 times, and I've tried playing through the first generation, and have never been able to locate any building or character where I can borrow money. Can someone please tell me how to take out a loan and any conditions that might need to be met in order to do it? Thanks.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
ForrestFox

I've been to a local pawnbroker (first house you build before upgrading to a bank), but I couldnt borrow money there.
Did they leave it out in the game?
ForrestFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
ParadoxRules

When I got to the guild I can borrow money from them. Though, you may need to be a guild leader to do so.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
danny99uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxRules View Post
When I got to the guild I can borrow money from them. Though, you may need to be a guild leader to do so.
No need to be a guild leader ive seen the loans without being even on the guild radar. You do need to take your character to the guild house for them to show up though
Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
bellagoth

re: borrowing money

It sounds like there are actually banks and pawnbroker buildings in Nottingham and Hucknall, by reading posts on other Guild 2 forums, where loans are available at the beginning of a game when you haven't got enough gold to buy or build. I was looking for either of those two buildings, and there are none of those on the map. I don't know if it depends on which class you choose for your character, or which map, or if it just didn't get included with this version of the game, or what. You are right, though, about loans being available in the Guild Hall. Thanks for sending me there, I'd have never found it. At the beginning, the amounts available are very small, and by the time you're so rich you no longer need a loan, they'll loan you huge amounts. Apparently, if there's a bank or pawnbroker on the map, you can grant loans too, but maybe they'll eventually show up in a future game and this will all make sense. Thanks for the answers.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Guild II series