Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm > Custom Campaigns / Maps

Old 08-20-2010, 02:48 PM   #31
johnnythewolf

Excellent! Is the next map in the works as well?
johnnythewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #32
Bluecewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specur View Post
Version 1.2 of Arctic Infiltration is finally out! Two weeks has passed since the last version was released and I have been working on this update for every day since that. I hope it was worth it.

I want to express my thanks to everyone who gave me feedback on this map. I think that almost every bit of feedback I received has had some effect on the map.

I hope you guys like it and enjoy playing it.

See download links and updated screens from the OP.
Not sure if i downloaded something wrong but when me and my friends ran the map there was a new section but there were no objectives for it, did i download something wrong? we all downloaded the mod from the swarmarmory page and then copied the files onto the FTP, replacing the older version.
Bluecewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 PM   #33
aliennetwork

Holy balls!! This is awesome!! I hvae not finished, but I likes. That hole in the beginning got me
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #34
Specur

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythewolf View Post
Excellent! Is the next map in the works as well?
I have started working on the next map, but don't expect it any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecewe View Post
Not sure if i downloaded something wrong but when me and my friends ran the map there was a new section but there were no objectives for it, did i download something wrong? we all downloaded the mod from the swarmarmory page and then copied the files onto the FTP, replacing the older version.
The version 1.2 does not introduce any new objectives to the map. The new section has it's own purposes. For example:

The flamethrower in the security office which was moved from the entrance. It makes more sense to be there and it's necessary for burning the biomass. If you didn't bring your own flamer, you can get it from there by fighting few swarm first.

Few offhand items to switch to from the flashlight/flares. I got feedback that people didn't like it when these items suddenly came useless. So if you want to, you can fight some swarm off your way and get some of those items.

The new section also makes the facility look more bigger with more corridors and rooms. There is also a PDA in the security office to provide more details to the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliennetwork View Post
Holy balls!! This is awesome!! I hvae not finished, but I likes. That hole in the beginning got me
Haha! I'm glad you like it. Guess you missed the danger sign?

Have fun!
Specur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #35
Bluecewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliennetwork View Post
You're not the only one that fell down that hole.
Bluecewe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Alien Swarm > Custom Campaigns / Maps