Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare

Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
TropicLightning

Lightbulb Multiplayer Map Idea

I've just been wondering why there isn't a besieged Washington D.C. multiplayer map that takes place at night with optional NVG's (night vision).

In fact there could be a number of maps that could be done from this. Have a large one that covers the D.C. area landmarks, and another of the White House, or just a very large all in one map.

Okay, my ramblings are done now.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
kyono

I doubt there will be any more map packs for MW2 with the release of Black Ops looming so close over the horizon.
kyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #3
InV4LiD

New map = $$$

Activision/IW will no longer give maps for free.

Greedy pigs...

Loved the free COD4 map packs.
InV4LiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
Easton Dark

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by InV4LiD View Post
New map = $$$

Activision/IW will no longer give maps for free.

Greedy pigs...

Loved the free COD4 map packs.
Greedy. Says the person who prefers using people's hard work for free.

They have every right to charge for the maps, but honestly, 15$ is to ing much for 5 maps.

5$ would work.
Easton Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:12 AM   #5
Kiarash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton Dark View Post

They have every right to charge for the maps, but honestly, 15$ is to ing much for 5 maps.

5$ would work.
So I guess 59.99$ adds up to a crappy match making?
Kiarash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
InV4LiD

Quote:

5$ would work.
Well, I'm pretty sure more than 1 billion dollars (more the Avater) is more than enough to pay each and every IW employee their share of hard work plus a little extra. Wait, what? Activision didn't do that.

You what, If IW did (well can't anymore because of Activision) decide to actively support the game and fix all the issues, and maybe some proper DLC intergration, maybe I would pay $15. It's not that I don't have the money, it's the fact there is no specific incentive to buy the DLC because of the game's state. Actually I'm content the way it is. I'm not disappointed or happy about the game, which is why I wouldn't buy the DLC.

So then tell me, why did IW not charge money for the COD4 maps? There were more maps, variations and in almost every way in my opinion better than the MW2 DLC. And they now recycle the COD4 maps too in MW2.

I'm pretty sure those maps could have been free if it wasn't for Activision's provisions.

Last edited by InV4LiD: 08-09-2010 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:12 AM   #7
T4L

Quote:
You must hate TF2's amazing amount of free content. Which includes much more then six new maps, and four recycled maps.
T4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #8
Zefar

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:

5$ would work.
When you make sale records of the century in gaming and demand more money for content that they could easily gain up by selling normal copies it's just greed ok.

They even said that they could charge MORE for them. They just want money and more money. The developers already get paid per month to make a game and fix it. That extra money is most likely going directly to the company or their CEO.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:29 AM   #9
InV4LiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post
When you make sale records of the century in gaming and demand more money for content that they could easily gain up by selling normal copies it's just greed ok.

They even said that they could charge MORE for them. They just want money and more money. The developers already get paid per month to make a game and fix it. That extra money is most likely going directly to the company or their CEO.
Agreed. We don't know how much of the billions of revenue they made from MW2 went to purely Activision or the CEO alone. I don't see much going to IW, maybe not even 50%.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 AM   #10
kyono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefar View Post

Thats the thing though. They're NOT fixing it! Couple of tweaks here and there for weapon balance and thats it!
kyono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:04 AM   #11
InV4LiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyono View Post
Thats the thing though. They're NOT fixing it! Couple of tweaks here and there for weapon balance and thats it!
First of all there are virtually no staff anymore. The way Activision was dictating what IW was to do - pump out more DLC for money and the failure to pay the "promised" money for MW2 led for their departure, as we know. When IW was more freely able to do what they wanted, as in COD4, you saw how many patches/fixes/map packs there were. Now Activision saw COD4's success, they were like "MORE MONEY! NOW," IW did not have the deadline of 2009 for MW2 in mind.

The fact Activision wanted more money quicker probably meant why there was such a poor online infrastructure and a "console port". I'm not saying P2P is totally bad, it could have been a reasonably good system IF they was enough work put into it. Judging from the manual, IW planned for a console, which may had led to dedicated servers, Activision just didn't give them the time.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare