Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Square Enix

Old 08-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #1
vikeyev

Final Fantasy XIV

Hey guyes. i have been wondering if Steam will get the Final Fantasy XIV collecters Edition

since the release of FFXIV will be on the 30th sep 2010
and for players who bought the collacters edition it will be on the 22th

just asking if anyone has information about when and where i can pre-order the collecters edition
Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
cwbys21

I came here to make a thread about this as well. We're six weeks away from release, so it should be popping up on here soon. If no, why release FF11 on here and have a sale not to long ago if you aren't planning to release FF14 though Steam?

Also, how about a Final Fantasy sub-forum?
cwbys21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
OmegaRed60

There' a forum for each publisher. That would be your best place to discuss any game from a publisher until they get an official board.
OmegaRed60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #4
luciferosX

There's also another topic about this.

it's too late for me even if they put it on Steam now. There's only gonna be a limited supply of them anyways. I don't think there are buy limits on Steam pre-orders so if anything, I bet it'll be the vanilla version.

CE versions are numbered, you see.
luciferosX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Hostile_Rabbit

it might be also the time they release final fantasy VII and VIII as tie in product to gain interest in XIV :http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1394222
Hostile_Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
blix2006

i hope its better then ff11 i bought it on sale here and after the nightmare to create an account i found that the controls in game were even worst...i didn't even leave the starter town..will never touch another game with such a horrendous log in method.
blix2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
vikeyev

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbys21 View Post
I came here to make a thread about this as well. We're six weeks away from release, so it should be popping up on here soon. If no, why release FF11 on here and have a sale not to long ago if you aren't planning to release FF14 though Steam?

Also, how about a Final Fantasy sub-forum?
i have been trying to find a website which alows me to pre-order the collacters edition.
not much luck so far exept that u can pre-order it around the 21th sep
least thats what i can make of it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blix2006 View Post
i hope its better then ff11 i bought it on sale here and after the nightmare to create an account i found that the controls in game were even worst...i didn't even leave the starter town..will never touch another game with such a horrendous log in method.
i honistly cant tell. i wanted to buy the collection of FFXI from steam but then some little birdy told me FFXIV is coming next month.
so what the heck X.x why buy FFXI when FFXIV is comming out?

about the controls i must say that every type of control system needs some adjustments. maybe u just need to practice it a bit :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile_Rabbit View Post
it might be also the time they release final fantasy VII and VIII as tie in product to gain interest in XIV :http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1394222
re-releasing old popular games doesnt increase its rating.
honistly i think they should remake those final fantasy games. like removing bugs. update grafics and maybe add new content or extras.
as for FFVIII i personaly dislike that one. i rather have FFIX then FFVIII

Last edited by DoubleD: 08-13-2010 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
vikeyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:40 PM   #8
AnubisArc999

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikeyev View Post
re-releasing old popular games doesnt increase its rating.
honistly i think they should remake those final fantasy games. like removing bugs. update grafics and maybe add new content or extras.
as for FFVIII i personaly dislike that one. i rather have FFIX then FFVIII
Re-releasing old games during a new game release has been a business and market strategy in gaming since forever, and it works in that it helps sell a couple of copies of the older games that normally would not have sold as much without the publicity surrounding the new release. It works and thus continues to be used to this day.

Something else that hasn't changed is talk of re-mastering FF7, which literally has gone on for decades without any rumors or promises ever seeing reality. I would love for it to happen, but if it does, it would have a separate, well publicized release.
AnubisArc999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #9
cwbys21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikeyev View Post
i have been trying to find a website which alows me to pre-order the collacters edition.
not much luck so far exept that u can pre-order it around the 21th sep
least thats what i can make of it....
http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...1820575&sr=8-1

also, anubix, decades of rumor for ff7 remake? really? but yeah, Sony just released God of War 3 this spring and did a quick remake of God of War 1&2 for the ps3 with trophies for a few extra sales and publicity.
cwbys21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #10
Hekynn

I hope they too launch FFXXIV onto Steam cause I like Steam and mmo's together so I can use the Steam Layout to chat with friends etc.
Hekynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:21 AM   #11
CynicalNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekynn View Post
I hope they too launch FFXXIV onto Steam
It's a bit early to be thinking about Final Fantasy 24, don't you think?

(I kid, I kid)
CynicalNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Square Enix