Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion

Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
hrcspkla

How do I cancel a friend invite in Steam Community?

Two months ago I invited a player to my friend list, but this player didn't log in Steam and vanished at least two months, (actually, 52 days.) and there was always a "Invites" in my Steam friend lists without any message.

Now I would like to cancel this invite, but I couldn't find any option to do this, and in my Steam Community page there is a message: "You have no pending invites." in my "Invites" page.

If this player wouldn't use Steam anymore and ignored my invites, would the "invites" in my friend lists stay there forever?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
Evo Nightmare

I haven't done this since the UI update so things may have changed.

Open your friends list, not the community page, and right click the person in question. There should be an option to remove friend/invite.
Evo Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
hrcspkla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Nightmare View Post
I haven't done this since the UI update so things may have changed.

Open your friends list, not the community page, and right click the person in question. There should be an option to remove friend/invite.
Thanks your reply first, but there is no person whom I could choose. I saw my Steam friend lists have an "+INVITATIONS SENT", and I expand the option but no one I could see.

This "+INVITATIONS SENT" option has existed in my friend lists for two months.
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
DirtyDem

Yea usually looking that works for me.

I also think you may be able to do it directly at the users STEAM page. If you can remember what that was, or even have the users STEAM ID, you can get to that page and see for yourself.

Theirs also several sites you can use to convert the STEAM ID to a friends ID/link.

Goodluck.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
Zookawarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrcspkla View Post
Thanks your reply first, but there is no person whom I could choose. I saw my Steam friend lists have an "+INVITATIONS SENT", and I expand the option but no one I could see.

This "+INVITATIONS SENT" option has existed in my friend lists for two months.

Have you set it so it shows offline players too? Uncheck "Show online friends only" from the top of your friends list where it says "Friends", if you have missed this option. Then it should show all the invites you've sent and gives the option to remove the invites.
Zookawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
hrcspkla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookawarrior View Post
Have you set it so it shows offline players too? Uncheck "Show online friends only" from the top of your friends list where it says "Friends", if you have missed this option. Then it should show all the invites you've sent and gives the option to remove the invites.
Thanks a lot! I finally remove that player!!! It did hide owing to "Show Online Friends Only" option, after I unchecked this option and found this missing player. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Before this, I didn't realize there was a option just on "Friends", until my friend told me "Show Online Friends Only" option was in there... I thought it was just a text of interface, not a selectable option. This option may add an obvious icon for user.
hrcspkla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
Zookawarrior

Yeah it changed after the new overlay. Took me a while too to realize it was a selectable option No problem.
Zookawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam Community Discussion