Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Third Party games

Old 08-20-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
HikaKao

Torchlight crashes at startup

Hey there
I bought Torchlight a good while ago, and didn't play it that much. So today, when I wanted to play it, I pressed play in Steam, the icon popped up for less than one second, and crashed, saying TorchlightMac crashed unexpectedly, or something like that (it's translated from danish). If I try to open it again, through Steam or by the "Open Again" button in the Crash Report window, the same thing happens again.
I'm on a MacBook Pro 5,5 with 10.6.4 and the newest graphics update. Plus, I've updated to the latest Steam client. I was in 64-bit kernel mode (because of the thread about it), tried to go back to the normal, didn't help.
Anyone else having this problem/know how to fix this/anything?

Thanks for taking your time to read this!

Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Madd the Sane

I know Torchlight crashes on me if I try to run it in windowed mode. Try manually switching it to fullscreen by going to ~/Library/Application Support/runic games/torchlight and editing the configuration file.
Madd the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
HikaKao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd the Sane View Post
I know Torchlight crashes on me if I try to run it in windowed mode. Try manually switching it to fullscreen by going to ~/Library/Application Support/runic games/torchlight and editing the configuration file.
Code:
FULLSCREEN :1
If I remember correctly, 1 means on, so that's not the problem. Plus, I don't think I've ever run it in windowed mode.

Nonetheless, thanks for the reply.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Steam for Mac > Third Party games