Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Old 08-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #1
Elonohic1029

Angry Re: Halt at Mission 9 Steal From Under their Noses

When I playing this game it halt. I was playing the level Steal From Under their Noses, it ran smoothly until I reach the tergat house where I can saw a glooming blue circle when I walked there my face turned automatically and the gmae halt and I had to use alt-del to relase my pc form the game. Please suggests ways or methods to slove this
problem. Thanks for your kind attention.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
*ThC*_Duke_2MEF

Try defraging your PC and rebooting it. Also don't have to many things running in your start up tray. Use select Start Up by putting in (msconfig) in the run command and hit ok. select the 3rd dot down on the 1st tab Use selective startup. Under the start up tab or Start tab uncheck anything you don't need to start now most things will start when ever you click on them to run and dont need them running all the time. After hit ok and apply reboot after put a check in dont show this again. You dont need to alway see your useing select startup all the time when you reboot.

You may also need to check fro the latest driver's for your PC.
Most of the time it's your video card. Always go to the site to check don't just use device manager. You may also may like to up date you media driver as well as your direct X.
If you download it from steam you can check your game files to see if they are all ok.

More info on what CPU and video card you are useing would help along with how much ram.

Last edited by *ThC*_Duke_2MEF: 08-21-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #3
Elonohic1029

Re: Halt of Mession 9 Steal From Under their Noses

Thanks you for your suggestion I'll defrag the disk asap. I had update the lastest driver for my display card. I didn't install the direct X from Sniper Ghost Warrior's disk (do I need to do that) since I am using Vista and had DirectX 10 installed while the game requried on DirectX 9C. Anyway thanks for your assistance.
My System:
Mother Board Asus P5Q Pro
CUP Intel Core 2 Uuo E8005 3.1Ghz
Dispaly Nvidia Geforce GTX260
Ram 4G
Old 08-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
*ThC*_Duke_2MEF

Reply To (Elonohic1029)

Yes you should install the game DirectX even if you have the direct X 10.
I have found that other's also have had to install this and did not at 1st because they also had the DirectX 10 ver. The game may need a file that is in the DirectX 9c To run right. They all installed it and it fixed it for them.

I am running almost the same thing you are.
MB> Asus P6T SE
CPU> Intel Core I7 930 prcessor (4x2.8GHz/8MB L3 Cache) 8 total core
Same video card as yours I think NVIDIA GeForce GTX260-896MB Single card
RAM> 6GB [2GBx3] DDR3-1333- Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX technogly

Last edited by *ThC*_Duke_2MEF: 08-22-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
Elonohic1029

Re: Halt at Mission 9 Steal From Under their Noses

I had installed the direct X by using the disc and reinstall the game but still halt when I reach the house. Do I need to uninstall the game first then install it as a new game.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
*ThC*_Duke_2MEF

Reply To (Elononhic1029)

Yes you should do all of my 1st post after you un-install your game,and do a seach on your PC for any files of (City Interactive) and (Sniper Ghost Warrior) and delete them. After you have done all that put your disc back in the drive and install as Admin. after you have installed the game there are 3 patches out you will need to install. After you have them installed do another defrag this time it will not take that long. You sould always do a disc clean and defrag about once a week. The next time you at that place step in the blue dot. and I think it is hit the space bar. You will see a flash and show up inside. If at this point you need to Tab-Alt out again try to Tab-Alt back into the game. You should also have the latest Flash player installed on your PC.

I hope this help's you
Old 08-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
mozzmann

I game and belong to many forums and the desire to always update you display driver is totally false.

Often the next generation display driver will make things worse,
for instance a 9800 GTX+ card in my PC get really upset if I use a driver package later than 186.

Check there is not something running in the background that has at the same point generated a large memory call or similar, which is causing the lockup.
Flight Sims do this often when loading new scenario textures and this might be what is happening here.
No you do not NEED to install Direct X from the Game CD/DVD because during the installation process it will decide if this is necessary or not, this is quite evident by the fact that the game is running in the first place and CANNOT switch DirectX modes whilst in play.
You could go to Microsoft and get any updates designed for Vista and manually install these BUT Vista won't allow this like XP will.
Indecently I run DirectX 10 in XP
Old 09-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #8
SSGWarHog

I had that lock up issue also, try running Driver sweeper [ free ] which will allow you to remove any older say non nVidia drivers or non ATI drivers in case you switched cards at one point.
SSGWarHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:31 AM   #9
Elonohic1029

I had reinstall the game and tried to play in Normal mode but got stuck in different mission. After I run it in Easy mode easily but it still get stuck in Mission 9 Steal From Under their Noses. Then I exit the game and go to the problem sloving centre in Vista and found that appcrash caused
the stuck (the game hanged and I have to use ctrl alt del to stop the game)
Do I need to run it in XP to prevent this problem.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #10
mustymustaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elonohic1029 View Post
When I playing this game it halt. I was playing the level Steal From Under their Noses, it ran smoothly until I reach the tergat house where I can saw a glooming blue circle when I walked there my face turned automatically and the gmae halt and I had to use alt-del to relase my pc form the game. Please suggests ways or methods to slove this
problem. Thanks for your kind attention.
I have the same problem. I have tried:

1) verify game cache
2) re-install the game
3) re-play the story with different difficulty
4) using all default settings ingame (Best performance, Balanced, Best quality)
5) re-install directx
6) change graphic card driver
7) re-install everything (o/s, graphic card driver, steam, etc.)

none of them work

my specs:

O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (with all available updates)
CPU: AMD PhenomII X4 965
M/B: AsRock 870 Extreme 3
Graphic card: MSI R6850 (using catalyst 12.3 now)
RAM: AMD 4GB (DDR1333)
HDD: Hitachi 1TB

It's really disappointing that I've bought this game for 1 year and not able finish single player story. I can't even imagine what Ghost Warrior 2 will look like.

Last edited by mustymustaine: 04-17-2012 at 09:42 AM.
mustymustaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:11 AM   #11
mustymustaine

It looks like something's wrong with filesystem_x86.dll under sniper ghost warrior folder, I've downloaded this file from the other forum and it fixed cutscene crash & bot freezing issue for me. Not sure if it's an official patch though, use it at your own risk

http://freakshare.com/files/absixxtk...em_x86.7z.html
mustymustaine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper: Ghost Warrior