Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Avencast: Rise of the Mage

Old 08-22-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
tretoso

Thumbs up Very Good!

I just heard about this game not long ago (better late than never). Within what is proposed, this game is very good. An action RPG that combines Street Fighter and Diablo, this is something I never imagined see.

This game have everything you expect from a Diablo-clone, equipment, inventory, logbook and skills. But instead of simply putting your skills in hotkeys, you have to perform combos, something like Beat 'em ups like Aliens vs. Predator (the arcade from Capcom). Of course the game doesn’t oblige you to perform combos in the same level of King of Fighters special moves. The controls are simplified to be executed smoothly with keyboard and mouse.

Besides, the game is completely enjoyable. The graphics are nothing extraordinary but work well too. The game also has slight adventure elements, like some simple puzzles.

Anyway, it won’t revolutionize action’s RPG but the game is interesting and feels unique. At least give a chance to the Demo.

Ps: Sorry for the bad english

Last edited by tretoso: 08-22-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #2
UMS

Thumbs up

I agree. This game is a lot of fun. The controls are different but not "awful" like some people are whining about. It actually makes it easier just to keep the keys on WASD and do the combos.

Just played through the first section. Huge maps, started picking up some decent starting equipment. I have spent 12 times as much on things which are not half as good. The only way this could have been better would have been to have gotten it for $2.50 in the summer sale, but really if you miss it at $5 it may not be lower until the holiday sale.
UMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
TJF588

Quote:
Originally Posted by tretoso View Post
Ps: Sorry for the bad english
Bad English?! Your only mishap that I caught was "Ps" (usually both are capitalized).

And the only reason I didn't typo "captialized" was because of my browser's spellchecker.
TJF588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #4
Metro

I, too, got this for $2.50 but I haven't played more than two or three hours. While the controls are a bit wonky they are manageable. Still, the game feels extremely unpolished -- there are better options out there for the genre.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
i9urd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tretoso View Post
King of Fighters special moves
OMG, another guy who knows wtf KoF is! :P

/ontopic

Game is okay. Controls are okay. I've played a lot worse.
i9urd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Avencast: Rise of the Mage