Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 08-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
msi1

how i can remove config?

I have big problem. I used this config Casey's Config: Raise your FPS - Counter Strike Source . Now i want remove it . I tried reinstall game , reinstall steam , i tried add -autoconfig to lunch option but it did not help. I do not want reinstall windows.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
total90

I have the same problem, i tried disabling and enabling steam cloud -autoconfig, but dindt work.
total90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
NotSoCoolJ

This is a pretty simple fix.

Go into the game, in the advanced multiplayer options there is a setting that says synchronize with the steam cloud. Disable it.

Now exit the game. Also exit steam.

Navigate to /steam/steamapps/yourmail/counter-strike source/cstrike/cfg
FIXED

You have two options at this point. You can delete the files called config.cfg and autoexec.cfg, or you can delete that whole folder.

You can then restart steam and all you settings should be set back to default. There is no reason to reinstall CS and there is no reason to reinstall windows.

Both of those solutions are like using a plasma torch to cut paper. Absolute overkill. And if you don't stop the game from syncing to the cloud, then you are just going around in circles.

@Total90:
What method did you use to disconnect from the steam setting cloud? Did you use the launch option, or did you use the game menu?

Last edited by NotSoCoolJ: 08-22-2010 at 04:30 PM.
NotSoCoolJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Stormy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoCoolJ View Post
This is a pretty simple fix.

Go into the game, in the advanced multiplayer options there is a setting that says synchronize with the steam cloud. Disable it.

Now exit the game. Also exit steam.

Navigate to /steam/steamapps/yourmail/team fortress 2/tf/cfg

You have two options at this point. You can delete the files called config.cfg and autoexec.cfg, or you can delete that whole folder.

You can then restart steam and all you settings should be set back to default. There is no reason to reinstall CS and there is no reason to reinstall windows.

Both of those solutions are like using a plasma torch to cut paper. Absolute overkill. And if you don't stop the game from syncing to the cloud, then you are just going around in circles.

@Total90:
What method did you use to disconnect from the steam setting cloud? Did you use the launch option, or did you use the game menu?
This is correct either then that you should navagate to your css folder because since this is the css forum I'm assuming its for css not tf2.
Stormy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
NotSoCoolJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy1 View Post
This is correct either then that you should navagate to your css folder because since this is the css forum I'm assuming its for css not tf2.
LOL so true Stormy... I had TF2 on the brain for some reason. I will fix it.

All these forums look the same you know. I should have noticed that this was CS:S though from the lack of absurd and just plain idiotic threads. TF2 has you guys beat on that by a mile.
NotSoCoolJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:01 AM   #6
msi1

yeaa i solved it. I deleted masked files and it work. You must find these files so you go to computer and search. You must write there word "source" good luck

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source