Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods

Old 08-29-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
CptWolfpack

Smod Redux v8 problems

The game starts up alright but when i'm actually playing i have a messed up HUD and none of the features like the menu features and guns and stuff won't work or isn't there.

i think this has something to do with the recent patch for HL2

what can i do?(i'm not good with computer stuff so stick to english)

Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
gorpie

See the listing for SMOD in post #2 of the Mod Fixes thread. There are some patches there.

You will also need to download GCFScape. Run it, and open the file half-life 2 content.gcf in the Steam\SteamApps directory. Find the maps folder and right click, then Extract it. You'll want to extract it to Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\whatever-the-SMOD-folder-is-called\maps.
gorpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
CptWolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorpie View Post
See the listing for SMOD in post #2 of the Mod Fixes thread. There are some patches there.

You will also need to download GCFScape. Run it, and open the file half-life 2 content.gcf in the Steam\SteamApps directory. Find the maps folder and right click, then Extract it. You'll want to extract it to Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\whatever-the-SMOD-folder-is-called\maps.
thanks for posting but i actually got it fixed shortly after i made the thread :/ bu i forgot to post

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2 / Source Third-Party Mods