Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod

Old 08-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
muffinmastr

no servers appear and cant join friends

i bought g-mod earlier today and upon playing it and getting the hang of it i wanted to save this cool creation i got so after downloading the advanced duplicator add-on i went into the game and i couldnt rejoin my friend, also no multiplayer servers appeared and the refresh button never finished its "refreshing" i deleted the add-on and still it didnt work so i deleted all garry's mod info aand re-downloaded off steam but it still did not work i also tried simply restarting my computer and internet... NOTHING.. btw.. singleplayer still works for me, i dont know what to do, tf2 servers work for me which are close to the same so i dont know what to do PLEASE HELP

Old 08-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
digitalanime

Refreshing the Gmod server list can take a very long time, and it needs to be refreshed after every Gmod update, and it seems the refresh will ping with each Gmod server in the whole world.

Besides this I notice that lot's of other people are complaining about this issue.

A workarround for them was to select the server from Steam and then connect directly or just join their friends using the friendlist.
digitalanime is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Garry's Mod