Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > ValuSoft

Old 09-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
TheJackster99

Lightbulb 18 WoS ALH Tips.

I'm gonna do some campaign. I need some tips. Any difficulty. Please
Old 09-09-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
hunter42

• Consider upgrading the engine and braking asap
  • Save at regular intervals in case you crash
  • Remember the braking distance is longer on a truck than it is in a car, so watch the traffic ahead
  • Headlights go on at 7:00PM and go off at 6:00AM

All I can think of at the moment.
hunter42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
TheJackster99

Thanks
TheJackster99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
HarpuaScorpio

Great tips, thanks! I just purchased this game today as the Daily Deal.

When I start a campaign it tells me to press "Enter" to enter the garage. When I do that, it just shows a screen with options that don't help anything. See screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/x3nbw

Basically I'm wondering if something is wrong and/or how do I get a contract to start a job?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
HarpuaScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpuaScorpio View Post
Great tips, thanks! I just purchased this game today as the Daily Deal.

When I start a campaign it tells me to press "Enter" to enter the garage. When I do that, it just shows a screen with options that don't help anything. See screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/x3nbw

Basically I'm wondering if something is wrong and/or how do I get a contract to start a job?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
What is you're impression of the game? I will buy it as well, but I need confirmation that it resembles real life speacially driving backwards.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #6
McChadworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
What is you're impression of the game? I will buy it as well, but I need confirmation that it resembles real life speacially driving backwards.
Are you asking if you can drive backwards? If so, yes you can. There are rear-view mirrors to help you see in first person. You can also change your view to overhead to be able line up backing up to pick up a trailer better.
McChadworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Shaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChadworth View Post
Are you asking if you can drive backwards? If so, yes you can. There are rear-view mirrors to help you see in first person. You can also change your view to overhead to be able line up backing up to pick up a trailer better.
Nice! I'll buy it now then, +rep.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
JJMacLeod

A few more tips

The Garage is where you can store trailers and trucks you aren't currently using. You can only buy or sell trailers at garages you own by hitting N and Manage Trailers. Remember, if you buy a trailer, you can only use it to haul what it is designed for. You will usually make double the money on a run by using your own trailer, but if you want to haul something different, go to a garage you own and drop that trailer off.

Service on the maps is where you can get repairs and upgrades done.

If you have a wanted level or red bar in the (STAR)line, stop before you get to a police car, hit F for your flashers, and wait till you have no bar before you pass. That way you avoid insane priced tickets

Every 12 hours of driving requires 8 hours of sleep. Hit N and Manage drivers if you want to see how long you have been driving or just wait till you YAWN and advance the time. You never actually have to stop to sleep providing that your truck has a sleeper on it (default starter truck has one). While you are driving, simply hit N and Advance Time by 8 hours and presto, good to go again

If you ever have traffic congestion problems, or are coming up to an off ramp, hit N and you can advance the time to clear the traffic for you for a bit.

Save OFTEN! That way, when that dumb 4-wheeler crashes into you for no reason, you can quickly load again without the damage and continue on your merry way.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up

Last edited by JJMacLeod: 07-23-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
Grox3000

or u could just try to evade the police (has worked before)
Grox3000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > ValuSoft