Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King Arthur series > King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame

Old 09-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
TalynWulf

Question Graphics Issue

Whenever I try to play the game, the graphics screw up and all I can see of the main menu or game screen is a line of pixels going diagonally across the screen.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
CwH

Graphics Issue

TalynWulf, did you get a resolution to this?

Have just purchased the game and seem to have exactly this problem. The Demo played perfectly (and still does), the full game gives the diagonal line of pixels for the playing area while the popup dialogues and pull downs work fine.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
OddlerJiub

I am unable to see any units, the demo worked fine for me as well.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #4
MysticHeroes

same here
MysticHeroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Taisuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddlerJiub View Post
I am unable to see any units, the demo worked fine for me as well.
I also cannot see my units.
Taisuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
theonetruemango

I also have this exact problem.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
Jyn_magic

If you have AA forced (in ccc or ncp), turn it off. Worked for me.

Alternatively, changing your resolution to a lower one should also fix the issue.

Last edited by Jyn_magic: 12-27-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Jyn_magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
theonetruemango

Where are the AA options?

And my resolution is already set to minimum.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
Jyn_magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonetruemango View Post
Where are the AA options?

And my resolution is already set to minimum.
In your Ati or Nvidia control panel.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
risen-chud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn_magic View Post
If you have AA forced (in ccc or ncp), turn it off. Worked for me.

Alternatively, changing your resolution to a lower one should also fix the issue.
My AA is set to use the application settings and my resolution is as low as it can get. None of this helped me at all. Whenever I go to the campaign map its like the textures explode into long jagged flashing lines and cover my entire screen. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4750 if that helps.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #11
Jyn_magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risen-chud View Post
My AA is set to use the application settings and my resolution is as low as it can get. None of this helped me at all. Whenever I go to the campaign map its like the textures explode into long jagged flashing lines and cover my entire screen. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4750 if that helps.
Oops hehe I posted in the wrong thread sorry . The issue I was referring to is the one where the campaign map is covered in blue.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #12
dph9

I just bought the game through Steam and am having similar issues to the OP. If anyone has any thoughts or could point me in the right direction towards finding a solution I'd appreciate it.

The game starts up fine, loads fine, the menu bars in-game are fine, however, I experience graphics "tearing" on the land masses which makes the game unplayable. Lines mixed with black shapes flash spasmodically and I cannot see land, let alone units. The strange thing is, if I scroll over water the graphics settle down and seem ok, but the second I scroll back over land the tearing starts again. I have tried adjusting the in-game visual settings but even with everything set to minimum (resolution, graphics, and fog of war settings) I experience the same issue. All my graphics card settings in the CCC are set to "performance" or "use application settings". Per suggestions I read elsewhere, I reinstalled Microsoft C++ and verified the integrity of the files through Steam, to no avail. My graphics driver is up-to-date (version 8.771.1-).

I can play other, more recent games (Civ 5, Fallout NV) on this computer just fine but for whatever reason I am having issues with this one. My comp specs are as follows:

HD Pavilion dv6 notebook
Windows 7 Home premium (x64)
4 GB RAM
Intel Core i3 2.40 GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
Memory Size 1024 MB
Memory Type DDR3
Core Clock in MHz 550 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 800 MHz
Old 02-04-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
Minino

I had some graphical issues when I updated catalyst drivers to 11.x (the terrain on campaign map was trasparent). I don't know if I did something weird when installing them (I think I installed straight without deinstalling previous). Well, I reinstalled catalyst 10.10 and all was fine again. I had not luck with 10.12.

Hope this helps someone.
Minino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
dassksnz

Im having the same problem but i cant find anything on how to fix it
dassksnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
dph9

I downloaded CCC 10.10 as Minino suggested, uninstalled my current version, then installed 10.10 and so far things seem to be working. Unfortunately I no longer have the ability to manually switch between the ATI card and power-saving GPU through CCC, but hopefully it will all be fixed with a future update.

Thanks Minino!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King Arthur series > King Arthur: The Role-playing Wargame