Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bullet Candy

Old 09-05-2010, 03:42 AM   #1
dbugz

Question Bullet Candy Perfect - still no Steam version?

Hi. Good day.

Quick question to the game creator/developer: I was wondering if the "revised" version - Bullet Candy Perfect - will ever get to be distributed via Steam as well?

I tried out the demo of Bullet Candy Perfect and in my opinion it is a huge improvement over the non-"Perfect" version.

I very much enjoy these arena shooter games with their "pick-up and play" mechanic as they keep me entertained during the odd hours of the day. I hope that the "Perfect" version finds its way to Steam.

Cheers.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
cknight

Charlie's Games
Hi,

no news on this front i'm afraid. I'd much prefer this version on Steam than the original version.

You should take a look at Scoregasm, which is my current project. It's leagues ahead of Bullet Candy. http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=21. Are you listening Steam overlords? You *need* Scoregasm on your platform!

Cheers
Charlie
cknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
dbugz

Hi Charlie.

I see. That's a shame really - they should at least notice improved releases of those included in their catalogue especially those made by indie devs such as you. Given that Steam is a known distribution platform, it'd be very helpful to you guys in getting some good web presence.

Anyway, here's hoping that you get your other games on the platform. Thanks for the response. I'll be checking out your other games as well.

Cheers!
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:14 AM   #4
self_slaughter

Any news on updating Bullet Candy to the perfect edition yet?

Just bought it today and it seems like it could be fun, although the music sounds horribly crackly and random slow downs even with my rig: AMD 955BE, 4 gig, gts 250 (no beast but still overkill for this) and a few issues with the game opening in the background and taking half a dozen goes to get it to come to the foreground.

My sort of game just too buggy to be enjoyable.... who should we abuse... *erm* ask nicely about this? :P

Hope you get scoregasmn (nice name btw) up on Steam too as all my games are Steam now days, I'd get it in a heartbeat!

::edit

got it working a lot better now apart from having to disable the music, but that's minor. been having fun with the 360 controller :P

Last edited by self_slaughter: 10-08-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: update
self_slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:06 AM   #5
cknight

Charlie's Games
Hey,

No news yet on the Perfect version going on Steam, i guess you could make a suggestion in the suggestions forum?

Sorry Bullet Candy doesn't work too well for you, maybe you could try the Perfect version from here: http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=14?

Cheers
Charlie
cknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
WillyD

Agreed, Bullet Candy Perfect for steam.

I agree totally, bring Bullet Candy Perfect to steam.
WillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
rakk505

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknight View Post
Hey,

No news yet on the Perfect version going on Steam, i guess you could make a suggestion in the suggestions forum?

Sorry Bullet Candy doesn't work too well for you, maybe you could try the Perfect version from here: http://www.charliesgames.com/wordpress/?page_id=14?

Cheers
Charlie
Hello Charlie.

Just wanted to say great game. I happened to pick this little gem up as part of the 2D Indie Pack this holiday sale. Been having a lot of fun with it. Then started reading a little bit on it and noticed the perfect version.

I don't know if its possible or not to patch the game with some sort of game select screen where we can either play the original or the perfect version. And again I don't know if Valve even allows that type of thing, but other games patch in new content all the time, but it might be different in your case. I would just love to have access to BC Perfect on steam.

Also your new game looks great. Will definitely buy it once it gets released on steam. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

-rakk505
rakk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:37 AM   #8
Oizo88

any news?
Oizo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:08 AM   #9
MithranArkanere

Yeah. I was going to try Bullet Candy on Steam, and then I found that there was no tutorial and many things were missing. I was? What the...? Where's everything?
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
astroblack

Now that Scoregasm is out I'd like to see Bullet Candy Perfect & Irukandji on Steam.
astroblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #11
stuntpup

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroblack View Post
Now that Scoregasm is out I'd like to see Bullet Candy Perfect & Irukandji on Steam.
I agree, would be cool to see these two

Last edited by stuntpup: 02-20-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling
stuntpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #12
Whiterabbit01

Although not Steam keys you can get all of Charlies games as a Mega Pack that includes three versions of each of his games Bullet Candy, Bullet Candy Perfect, Scoregasm and Irukandji (Win, Mac and Linux) HERE for as little as $1. Though to get Scoregasm you need to pay what the developer is selling it for, but you'd still get the other games for free. you also get a Steam key for Scoregasm

I'd love to see the updated version on Steam as well.

Last edited by Whiterabbit01: 06-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Whiterabbit01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Bullet Candy