Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Supreme Commander series

Old 02-23-2011, 03:19 PM   #31
skyman100

Ne help!!!

I recently bought supcom and everything worked fine until a started up a game. It loaded fine and when I got into the game there is extreme lag. When I scrole around it takes alot of time and dosn't flow. When I move units they seem to jitter along not move. Please tell me what I can do to fix it.
Skyman5150
Old 02-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #32
thecommanderd

Specs? without a dxdiag, there's not much we can do to help, other than the OP post.
thecommanderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #33
skyman100

My DxDiag

Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon(tm) 64X2 Dual Core Processor 2.6GHz
1918MB RAM
DirectX 11
1415MB used, 2668MB availible
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #34
Unistrut

Lightbulb

I had the "random mid-game crash / reboot" (under WinXP) problem and eventually figured out that Trend Micro Titanium was somehow causing the game to fatally hang. Once I turned that off it ran just fine. So, all of you having random crash-reboot problems might also try turning off whatever AV program you're using and running it. Not the SAFEST solution, but if you really, really want to play it...

[EDIT]
I figured this out by using a program called "Blue Screen View" by Nir Soft to go through the dump logs and tell me what programs were having errors before the crash. That's how I narrowed it down to TMCOMM - the Trend Micro agent.

Last edited by Unistrut: 04-03-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #35
Mosfisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unistrut View Post
I had the "random mid-game crash / reboot" (under WinXP) problem and eventually figured out that Trend Micro Titanium was somehow causing the game to fatally hang. Once I turned that off it ran just fine. So, all of you having random crash-reboot problems might also try turning off whatever AV program you're using and running it. Not the SAFEST solution, but if you really, really want to play it...

[EDIT]
I figured this out by using a program called "Blue Screen View" by Nir Soft to go through the dump logs and tell me what programs were having errors before the crash. That's how I narrowed it down to TMCOMM - the Trend Micro agent.
I've had the same problem, turned off my anti-virus program and it actually helped. Didn't fix the issue, game still randomly crash but it takes way longer before it happends.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #36
Throttle13

Unhappy This games is currently unavalible. Please try agane at another time.

I just bought and installed the physical CD, the game seems to be updated, but I get the "This games is currently unavalible. Please try agane at another time." error every time I try to start it up. Safemode, windowed, has no difference.

http://pastebin.com/gHgR0mQn

Any help, or am I out $15?
Old 04-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #37
L0rd0fDarkn3ss

2 day old Supcom 2 + 1 day old CPU= No bueno

-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
-AMD Phenom (tm) II X6 1055T (6 Core)
-8192MB Ram
-DirectX 11
-3377MB used, 12003MB available
-AMD Radeon HD 6570
-4068MB

As the description above depicts; I purchased the store copy of SupCom2 20110428, purchased the machine above 20110429, and installed the game 20110430. Steam was integrated with the game, but unfortunately going through the shortcut of the game itself nor going through Steam will start the game. My dual monitors flash to black as if they are adjusting the resolution but they quickly go back to the desktop. Nothing shows up on the task manager, nor any processes display the game has even started. The 'safemode' recommendation brought no fruition either. Any other hints you guys may have?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 AM   #38
XIII1992

my Supcom 2 was been banned,not use cheat
Who can I solve this problem
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #39
Baldrickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIII1992 View Post
my Supcom 2 was been banned,not use cheat
Who can I solve this problem
Either there is a reason, or there was a mistake. Either way, you'll need to contact steam support for that
Baldrickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:13 AM   #40
viper_irl

will not launch anymore

This game used to work for me be it will not launch now.

I tried deleting the game and re-downloading but its still not launching. I also tried /safemode /windowed none of these will work for me either.

Any suggestions? im running win7 64bit with ATI 5770 latest drivers
Old 07-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #41
harper0341

Unhappy

Just bought this on the summer sale. Have never had a successful start-up. I try to play and all I see is "Steam is preparing to launch Supreme Commander 2."

The screen then flashes and then... nothing. The game doesn't even begin loading.

DX-Diag

http://pastebin.com/fLRzGhGf

Tried windowd mode, tried deleting and redownloading. Nothing

Any ideas?
Old 07-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #42
Alexhandr

I bought this for the Summer sale as well, but my problem is that I cannot get past the flag loading screens. I have an ATI Radeon 5770 HD, 10 GB DDR3 RAM, and a Quad Core 3.2Ghz Processor and plenty of disk space remaining. I have also installed DX.90c. I have yet to test it to see if it works. I will test now and respond. I hope this works. : )
Alexhandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #43
Alexhandr

Indeed. If you have trouble getting past the loading/flag screen, install DX9.0c and reboot your PC. It will work. : )
Alexhandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #44
abortabortabort

Quote:
Originally Posted by harper0341 View Post
Just bought this on the summer sale. Have never had a successful start-up. I try to play and all I see is "Steam is preparing to launch Supreme Commander 2."

The screen then flashes and then... nothing. The game doesn't even begin loading.

DX-Diag

http://pastebin.com/fLRzGhGf

Tried windowd mode, tried deleting and redownloading. Nothing

Any ideas?
I noticed your resolution is strange (1680 x 1050), but you did try windowed mode, so that shouldn't be it. Also, I've never heard (which means little) of rocketfish for your sound driver. If you want bad ideas, read farther. Try disabling sound, or try running supcom2 in safe mode, or try another monitor.

Alexhndr, another problem is the RAM. Computers shouldn't have 10GB of RAM. did you buy a pair of 4's to upgrade from pair of 1's, or a single 2GB? I'd just use the two four GB sticks. The other RAM actually slows down your computer.

Last edited by abortabortabort: 07-10-2011 at 07:53 PM.
abortabortabort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #45
Baldrickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by abortabortabort View Post
I noticed your resolution is strange (1680 x 1050), but you did try windowed mode, so that shouldn't be it. Also, I've never heard (which means little) of rocketfish for your sound driver. If you want bad ideas, read farther. Try disabling sound, or try running supcom2 in safe mode, or try another monitor.

Alexhndr, another problem is the RAM. Computers shouldn't have 10GB of RAM. did you buy a pair of 4's to upgrade from pair of 1's, or a single 2GB? I'd just use the two four GB sticks. The other RAM actually slows down your computer.
1680x1050 isn't an odd resolution, it's pretty much standard for 20" screens (just a bit too small for 1080p to be worth it.) one of my screens is the same.

Agree on RAM unless something is really funny, for the best performance, you want identical sticks and 1 (or 2) sticks per channel, as long as it is consistent. Most people won't need more than 4GB memory though I'd recommend 6 for a i3-7 as they have 3 channels over the old standard of 2.

I've just given the same advice about sound in another thread, as some old sound cards can cause issues, (driver problems interfacing with dx, though these should now be fixed.

you may wish to try switching to a single monitor setup and test the game again. (remember to run in safe-mode or single screen mode or delete prefs file or it won't load game [ˇmpossible resolution].) This may possibly help.

I have not personally had this issue, (though I solved the dual screen problem without deleting prefs and before safemode when I had that) so unfortunately, I have not had experience fixing it.
I hope this helps.
Baldrickk is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Supreme Commander series