Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > VVVVVV

Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #91
NalgasDLemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odnetnin View Post
Also, this is semi-off-topic, but I had 19 trinkets when I beat the game and was at first majorly ticked off that I still had one more probably ridiculously hard challenge left after the credits rolled. Then I found out it was the supereasy "elephant in the room" one and I laughed joyously. It feels like I worked so hard on Veni, Vidi, Vici! so I could be rewarded with the final trinked without having to put in any effort, haha.
Nice. That must've been a relief. I think I was stuck with most of the hard ones left at the end. Now you can go do the bonus stuff like the Super Gravitron if you haven't had nearly enough yet. Or, like me, take one look at it and conclude that that does border on the not-possible-for-mere-mortals and decide that finishing the game with all the trinkets is plenty. Heh.
NalgasDLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #92
Bloodhunter

Just completed it, 1343 deaths, 2 hours 36, 18/20 trinkets including Veni Vedi Vici. Hardest level for me was Edge Games (143 deaths), till I accidentally worked out what I was meant to be doing the entire time!
Bloodhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #93
kalirion

I've spent 2 hours just getting to the point where 10% of the time I can get all the way down. That makes it impossible for me to learn how to get back up. (flip mode)

Maybe when I retire in 40 years and have all the time in the world I'll come back for this trinket....
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #94
Racxie

I finally managed to get this a few days a go! ...The only problem is that now I can't figure out how to get out >.>

The problem with Just Pick Yourself Down (the way I came) is the moving platform always starts on the far left so I hit the spikes as I fall before it's made it to the other side, where as the problem with Exhaust Chute is that it's impossible to jump out (again because of spikes).

Can anyone advise what I need to do?/Where I need to go? (I can post pics if you can't remember what I mean). Many thanks!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #95
Arkatox

I feel sorry for the people who only tried for about 50 deaths. People like that will never be able to beat games like Jumper or Super Meat Boy.

I've beaten the V-V-V area several times. Can't say it's been easy, and heck no did I only try 50 times.
Arkatox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #96
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkatox View Post
I feel sorry for the people who only tried for about 50 deaths. People like that will never be able to beat games like Jumper or Super Meat Boy.
I think I gave up after a couple hours of trying - which only got me to the point of being able to make the one-way trip about 20% of the time. It relies way too much on muscle memory, and at those rates I'd never get the muscle memory for the return trip built up.

Anyway, is there anything in the "standard" Super Meat Boy levels harder then Veni Vidi Vici? I've been slowly making my way through the game, so far in 1/3 of Rapture, and haven't encountered anything close to as hard. I mean, this looks like it might be harder (I certainly didn't make any headway on it), but it's for an unlockable character, not necessary to completing the game.

Last edited by kalirion: 02-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 AM   #97
Arkatox

Well I actually haven't played Super Meat Boy, myself. I own it on Steam, but apparently I don't have a high enough graphics card. >.<

So to make a point: It's taken me hours and hours and hours before to beat levels in Jumper.

Anyway, yes, the first time it did take me a few hours to beat V-V-V. It's easier after the first time.
Arkatox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #98
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkatox View Post
Well I actually haven't played Super Meat Boy, myself. I own it on Steam, but apparently I don't have a high enough graphics card. >.<
Really? What do you have?

I've been playing it on a laptop with an Intel 4500MHD card. It's been playable on all levels so far at 640x480. In some levels even 1280x720 runs fine, but it's too much trouble to keep changing resolution so I keep it low the whole time.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #99
Planetdune

tried a few times, figured I didn't wanted to waste said time .. used cheatengine to slow down the game to 0.3 .. was a piece of cake ..
Planetdune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #100
Friendliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrr View Post
I'm using keyboard macro recording/playback software, manually specifying "hold down right button for .3 seconds, wait .2 seconds, ..." etc. kind of cheating but it works! a little over halfway done.
kind of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManCalledNo View Post
This was one of the first areas I found (accidentally, even) after leaving the first area lol :<

decided to record it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u0cZfseZ2s
between that video ^^

and this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLVuebvIqkA&NR=1)

I think i can fully relate to the whole experience of this game.

Saved me $2.50, IMO.

And btw first guy says "my framerates are dropping" like that's a bad thing. obviously more like the hack that allowed him to succeed.

but then 2nd video proves some ppl just got it some ppl just don't.
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #101
Ishbane

50 deaths, 20 mins.

Been frustrated, but then i thought about how VVVVVV is all about being frustrating.
Ishbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #102
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendliest View Post
between that video ^^

and this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLVuebvIqkA&NR=1)

I think i can fully relate to the whole experience of this game.

Saved me $2.50, IMO.
The main thing to remember is that Veni Vidi Vici is purely optional. You can finish the game (rescue all your crew) without it, just not with the special final ending.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:07 AM   #103
bombsqaud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalgasDLemur View Post
Just for the record, if Veni, Vidi, Vici wasn't enough pain for any of you, go check out Super Meat Boy. I just started it yesterday, and while the Light World levels aren't too bad, at least at the beginning, some of the Dark World versions rapidly approach Veni, Vidi, Vici relatively early in the game.

Fortunately, with the exception of a handful of bonus levels, it has the same very minimal death penalty of just setting you back a few seconds, so you can bash your way through levels by throwing yourself repeatedly against the spikes until you finally get the timing right. As a reward, it shows you a replay of all your attempts simultaneously, which now makes me wish I could go back and watch all 350+ of my failures at Veni, Vidi, Vici superimposed on each other like that.

Be warned that if you didn't actively enjoy getting through the more difficult parts of VVVVVV, it will drive you completely nuts. Even if you did enjoy it, it'll still drive you mostly nuts. I'm having a good time anyway, though, and you can eventually unlock VVVVVV's own Captain Viridian in it (at least in theory, if you're persistent and collect a squidload of that game's equivalent of trinkets).
I'll vouch for that. Your going after bandages btw.
bombsqaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #104
mrraditch

Just got it! 100 minutes, 1096 deaths. Ugh.
mrraditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #105
AlienHuntinYeti

Not sure about deaths and it was a few months ago but...

I tried for about a half hour one day, managed to get to the halfway point fairly consistently, then gave up. Came back the next day and it took another 15 minutes to get back down. And then I came.

To people having trouble getting it, it helps to hug the walls.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > VVVVVV