Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Recettear

Old 09-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Gilthanaz

How to grab and run from dungeons

For some reason i seem not to be possible to simply grab a few things from a dungeon and then, well, advanced backwards

Basically: Go in, loot some, run out and sell it in the store. Do i have to finish the dungeon completely so i get to keep all the loot? Or did i miss a button in the configuration

Yes, iam still in the hall of trials.

- G

Old 09-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
RealFolkBlues

When you reach the end of the Hall of Trials (5th Floor), Tear will explain how leaving a dungeon works, which can be resumed in "each 5 floors, there's a boss, and if you defeat it, you are given the chance to return to the town, or to venture further into the dungeon for another 5 floors".
RealFolkBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Gilthanaz

Hm

Thanks!

Thats a bit of a pain that one can't leave whenever it seems fit Well, i guess then it is: pack enough food!

- G
Old 09-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
RealFolkBlues

Careful with that, if you pack too much food, you won't be able to bring back many items (food you bring along does count toward the 20 items limit).
RealFolkBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #5
Gilthanaz

Hm

So before leaving the dungeon, it would be wise to consume all food, i guess

- G
Old 09-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
thezeronumber

I find it a much bigger problem trying to keep hold of everything i value. I've often entered a dungeon without food (excluding new maps as i don't know what to expect the first time), only to have the 20 slots full during the 3rd or sometimes 2nd level. I could empty the pack again completely and still have it full up before the boss comes about.

I hear there is a pack expansion somewhere in the game, but i reckon it takes a high Merchant Rank to achieve.
thezeronumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
TheCosmicCheese

So far high merchant ranks have given me +10 slots to carry things out of dungeons. Dunno if there are more upgrades yet
TheCosmicCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #8
thezeronumber

Apparently there are 2 or 3 upgrades, so you should another 1 or 2 to find CosmicCheese.
thezeronumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #9
Lim-Dul

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezeronumber View Post
I find it a much bigger problem trying to keep hold of everything i value. I've often entered a dungeon without food (excluding new maps as i don't know what to expect the first time), only to have the 20 slots full during the 3rd or sometimes 2nd level. I could empty the pack again completely and still have it full up before the boss comes about.

I hear there is a pack expansion somewhere in the game, but i reckon it takes a high Merchant Rank to achieve.
Merchant level 17 -> backpack slots increase to 25
Merchant level 24 -> backpack slots increase to 30
Merchant level 40 -> backpack slots increase to 35
Lim-Dul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
crowmisfits

i find that time is of the essence in this game. and by time i mean the "pie slices" of time they give you not how many minutes you play. if you are going to go to a dungeon you are giving up half of your day to do it. you can only open your shop once that day. you are better off going in and grabbing as much as you can so that you make the most of the time they give you. plus that way you can level your adventurers. i usually play 15 levels when i go in to get the most of it
crowmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #11
foolish__fool

When you are still paying off your debt, just pick up the most valuable things you can: if you run out of space, replace cheap stuff in your bag with more expensive stuff, till every slot is worth 1000s of pix (ideally). When you no longer have a debt to pay off, then collect the random cheap stuff.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #12
cldstrife15

A rather useful tactic in the crystal nightmare at the last section is to just grab charme, give her a healing ring or two you don't mind losing, and then sprint past all the enemies you can going only for chests. Once you have a rare item per your take home slots, let yourself die. Take the rare items with you, and dump the rings, they're more than replaceable by the time you get there anyway. I'm sitting on eight million. lol.
cldstrife15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Recettear