Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Recettear

Old 09-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
RealFolkBlues

Red face Store decorations, or how I change nothing and lost customers

So I'm in endless mode now, and since I no longer need to save up money like a madman, I decided to change the look of my store a bit.
Well, apparently I suck at decoration, because I used to have half the town coming in every time I opened, but after the change, I could only get like 4-5 customers.

So after such a big FAIL, I decided to return to the old decorations, that, while dull (in my opinion) brought hordes and hordes of customers... no more.

Can anyone shed some light on how this whole decoration thing works? Cause I really don't get it
Old 09-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
Aerowind

I typically just try to keep it as close to the center of the graph as possible.

Also make sure you have a variety of high priced items in the window, though you probably already know that.

As for how it really works, I have no idea. The only thing I know for sure is Light/Dark affects which Adventurers come into your shop.
Aerowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
RealFolkBlues

Yeah I already display the most expensive stuff I have in the window, it also seems to increase the chance of selling rare goods.
Didn't know that it's best to keep the graph near the center though, thanks, I'll try to get as close as I can.
RealFolkBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #4
TopGunSF

I've been keeping determining how to decorate the store based on what I'm selling at the moment.

If I have a lot of rings, armor, accessories, etc. etc. I go for light. A lot of weapons I go for dark.

Seems to work ok.
TopGunSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Aerowind

I'm actually half convinced that the contents of your store affects the rating, but I haven't tested it yet.
Aerowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
Hound_Archon

Pretty much so. Over time you will get significantly different results with the "store atmosphere" chart without changing any decorations in your shop whatsoever, though I attributed it to a time of day and weather. Just a hunch.
Hound_Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
NanostrikeX

Gaudy/Plain affects it too. Gaudy attracts people with more money (IE: Fewer little girls), while Plain attracts a crapton of people in general. If you're ever having trouble with customers, go for a Plain store.

Light/Dark seems to only really affect adventurers, but Gaudy/Plain affects them too. Calliou and Griffe will go to Dark stores. Charme, Nagi, and the elf girl go towards Light stores. Louie and Elan will only go towards Plain stores.

You can also pop certain things in the windows. Calliou likes to see Books, Charme likes treasures, and Elan likes to see Sweets in the windows (He gives 'em to Orphans!).
NanostrikeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
stryk3r

Central on gaudy, with a slight bias toward light worked well for me. Having a treasure and a foodstuff (or a line of red items) also seems to bring people in.
stryk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
DarkJeff

Your showcase items (items in the window) also affects the store atmosphere.
DarkJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Recettear