Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed series

Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
w0bbl3r

Banned
ANOTHER sound problem thread

Ok, I bought the game for £5, so I wasnt expecting great things either way, but I was doing great for the whole first level, you know after the one where you play as vader. UNTIL I got to that Kota guy. It played the cinematic where we meet fine, then it cuts to the fight, I hear a crack through my speakers, and no more sound, at all, whatsoever.
, I think, my speakers have blown or something. Shut down the game (no sounds in menu at all, I am starting to think I need new speakers), click quit, another crack, and sound is fine on my PC.
So, start the game again, we have sound, no problem. Go to continue, fine, as soon as it gets back to the boss fight, CRACK, no sound. I continue the fight, it gets to the cutscene, sound comes back with another crack.
Ok, just a glitch, methinks.
WRONG!
Start the next mission, all is fine, sound in the cutscene where the annoying woman is talking about how the pile of crap looks like the jedi temple, says I will have to walk the rest of the way (what am I paying a friggin pilot for anyway? Lazy ), another crack and no more sound.
Sound just doesnt work in-game now apart from cutscenes it seems.
I know there are threads about sound already, but I didnt see one with this certain problem.
Does ANYONE have any kind of fix for this?
Please tell me they do, because I was actually enjoying the game until then.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #2
jordanowenwynn

Banned
I have had the same problem, and I don't know a fix
jordanowenwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
sea-

What sound card? Are your drivers up to date? I'm running an X-Fi using modified PAX drivers and the sound is just fine (the audio balance is a bit weird sometimes, but I attribute that to the game and not my sound card).
sea- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
w0bbl3r

Banned
Ok, after not playing it for the rest of yesterday, restarted my PC today, and tried again and the sound was fine, although I did play one of the DLC missions first. But now it got so far and just shut down. No error, nothing, just ctd.
I am running onbaord sound with latest drivers, realtek, I believe
w0bbl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #5
w0bbl3r

Banned
Ok, so I dont get the sound issue as much, and find that a restart of steam makes it work fine again, mostly. Chances of the sound going completely are now perhaps 1 in 5, which I can just about live with.
What is now driving me crazy are the random CTD's.
I love the game, its great, but after about 2 years of time between console and PC release, you would think they could have put more effort in than a lousy port and extra missions
w0bbl3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Star Wars collection > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed series